1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I Have Been Available for Some Time Now !!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 3, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

'The coach did not like the way I played' - Joel Ekstrand reveals all after Bristol City departure
    By Danjnewman
    Joel Ekstrand made just two appearances for Bristol city after joining on a free transfer last year

Joel Ekstrand has told Swedish media that Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson did not like the way he played.

The former Watford defender, who signed on a free transfer last summer, departed Ashton Gate on transfer deadline day after having his contract terminated by mutual consent .

Ekstrand made just two appearances for the struggling Championship side and, in an article translated from Swedish to English, the former international has revealed all about his short time with Johnson's side.

"It was not that I or the club had in mind. The coach did not like the way I played although I was pleased with my two matches I had to play," Ekstrand told Sportbladet.

The 27-year-old went on to say: "I do not buy that it (the club) says, "I've been injured." For I have been available for some time now. I think I've been good, but not had the chance to Bristol City."

The experienced defender, who was recovering from a knee ligament injury prior to signing for the Robins, played his first match back in September against Rotherham, before playing 45 minutes in the 1-1 draw with Derby on September 17.

As plans for the future go, Ekstrand says he wants to find a club quickly,
    we now know he has signed for Rotherham

"I do not prioritise Sweden or Scandinavia in general," he said. "There are clubs from Sweden that have called. We'll see what happens in the days, I want to solve something rapidly."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/the-co...ty-departure/story-30106474-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

If true, why sign a player when you dont like the way he plays, the player says he was fit, why have we had to play square pegs in round holes, is there trouble in the dressing room and has it been covered up, the rumours may be true..

It is a worry..

3. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Yet every time I suggest anyone from Bristol City FC lies to us I'm told it's all rumour. Yet here is more proof that LJ just assumes the world is as stupid as he is and we will accept the nonsense he spews as the truth!

Redprintt likes this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't see this as 'proof' of anything, except that he (Ekstrand) is clearly fit enough to pass a medical at a team in an even more dire position than ourselves.
    I take all statements, from everyone associated with our club (manager, player, chairman and fans), with a very large pinch of salt.

5. ibodyslamrhinos

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/ekstrand-suffers-knee-injury-3455545.aspx

The article above and what Joel has said shows that one of them is telling porkies.

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

It's been the same with Tomlin, Engvall and O'Neil.
    Don't believe a word that comes out of Ashton Gate these days.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

until one of the players still at the club comes out and makes a complaint - instead off snydy social media rumours, I take it all with a big pinch of salt, I mean tomlin hardly seems like a shrinking violet, does he.

8. ibodyslamrhinos

I don't see what was snydy about JE's comment though. He just claims he's always been fit enough to play. Which is contrary to what LJ said.

Can see people not wanting to believe the worst, but when it's evidenced like this, it becomes turning a blind eye or worse becoming Bill Clintonesque and denying 2 plus 2 equals 4. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

9. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

as I said - players still at the club, bloody cheap comment when you"ve left, he"s hardly gonna say oh by the way I'm injury prone is he.

10. ibodyslamrhinos

I
    I know that, but all he has said is, that he doesn't understand the injury comments as he's never been injured. He hasn't slated the manager or the club, just stated the facts as he sees them. so why are his comments cheap? I know he isn't going to say he has injury problems but he hasn't had any "injury prone" issues. A phantom knee problem, and phantom "illness". Even if those two things were true, I doubt they would put a club off. So what reason do you have for him making it up?

11. bcfcredandwhite

I am afraid that I concur.
    A sad state of affairs

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Just out of interest who would you of dropped to play Ekstrand?
    Also if LJ didn't like the way he plays why did LJ sign him?

To me it's more of a case of sour grapes that he wasn't deemed good enough to break past Flint and Magnusson so he's trying to justify he's fit and raring to go for Rotherham.

13. Redprintt

'Also if LJ didn't like the way he plays why did LJ sign him?'

And Engvall.
    Suppose it is a bit different, we paid £2.5million for Engvall.

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the £2.5 million striker that was reported at the time that's he for the future?

15. Redprintt

RODney -
    Are you sat comfortably ?
    Then I'll begin.
    Once upon a time ........

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Who said LJ is bringing the players in:emoticon-0136-giggl

17. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Maybe Ekstrand has shown a really rubbish attitude in training, and hasn't offered enough for LJ to trust him.
    Maybe he really wanted to sign for a Manchester club instead.
    I hear Bury are looking for an ex-international has-been with attitude problems or laziness and apathy'
    Check 'em out...

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  18. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Tough one to know the truth here. Of course the player will blame the manager, it also helps him that the rumours of a bust up with Tomlin are rife, so great time to add fuel to the fire.
    I didn't see his 2 games so cannot comment on if he played well or not - others please share. Maybe LJ didn't like him, and perhaps signed him off the back of his good reputation at Watford, as many managers do.

The proof will be in how often and how well he plays at Rotherham. I see he's not considered match fit for today, yet he says he's been ready to play for ages!

BrightredRickster likes this.
  19. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Regardless of my thoughts on LJ..

Isn't this what a manager does? he has a squad of players who he assesses to see who will fit in to the best team, he didn't rate Elkstrand, told him so and the reason why..

Standard football management and standard player behaviour from someone who has left a little bitter and obviously thought he was better than others in the group.

20. bcfcredandwhite

It says on BBC Sport that Ekstrand won't feature today because he's not match fit.
    Seems there may have been a grain of truth in the BS3 version of the story - if I was desperate to play I would make bloody sure I was fit. Sounds more attitude than actual injury tho.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38778702