1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I don't believe it

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by DaiJones, Dec 14, 2016.

1. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38313452

The Scottish FA is expected to appoint Malky Mackay as its new performance director on Thursday.
    The former Watford, Cardiff City and Wigan boss will succeed Brian McClair who stepped down in July this year after 17 months in the role.
    Mackay was the subject of an English FA investigation in 2014 concerning text messages he had sent containing discriminatory language.
    The Scot apologised for his actions and stated a desire to return to football.
    Equality campaigners Show Racism The Red Card have backed the potential appointment, while SNP MSP Clare Haughey has urged the SFA against the move, arguing it would send out the wrong message.
    At the time of McClair's exit, SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said the role "requires a different style of leadership and focus".

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

He was always going to get back somewhere. Despite the unsatisfactory history from textgate and other discriminatory comments he was a good manager for us and got us to the Prem.

He didn't kill, rape, abuse children or kidnap anyone so should be given a second chance and Scotland is probably the best place for him.

whiffletree likes this.
  3. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Are people really still upset about it? What happened to 2nd chances? Forgive and forget? Goodluck to Malky, a huge success with us and had he have kept his professionalism, he might just have kept us in the Premier League. We will never know.

whiffletree likes this.
  4. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Yeh best of luck to Malky <ok>

whiffletree likes this.
  5. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Good luck to the guy. Never known anyone so victimised for a few (admittedly) unsavoury comments. Paid the price for not 'towing Tans line.'

6. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Well I suspect it hasn't helped his case that he pocketed (allegedly) a bob or two whilst doing some totally daft deals. And while it was a few comments, they were seriously unsavoury with some, as I recall, targeted at his employer or at least in that area? Respect/face is big thing in Tan's society.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I know Whiffle wont have it but this was obviously the problem. It's not a few texts/emails. They were the reason he was sacked without requiring compensation. The reason Tan turned on him was the knowledge he'd been stolen from. Whether there's enough evidence is a different matter but for Tan and the club to have got it this far they must have something.

My issue is he obviously signed players to line his and moody's pockets not in the best interests of the club. We'd won the lottery at that point and Tan's investment should have given us a squad to compete. I know Whiffle says we were competing, we were on the slide. As to the quality of the signings (with the exception of Medel), where are they now?

DaiJones likes this.
  9. DaiJones

If Malky & co have nothing to hide why not have everything out in the open ?

Oldsparkey likes this.
  10. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Get it in the open. About time something is done about Agents.

Greed thats what it comes down to. Its not just our club either.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Seems the usual push for a behind closed doors stitch up by an FA Tribunal has been challenged by Tan's lawyers in favour of a public court case.

It's about time someone (Tan or anyone else for that matter) stood up to the FA clique and got a case heard in a court of law - no one in the game should be above it.

I can't believe for a moment that Tan's lawyers would have pursued this so far without considerable substance to their claims. If true then this is nothing less than embezzlement.

The sacred corridors of the FA has long been thought to be influenced by self interest. The stupid money siphoned from the game by individuals like agents and those they support to get their hands on it needs sorting out externally.

12. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

Don't care about Malky either way.

All I remember is watching some of the most boring games I have ever seen.

13. Blue Sheep

Did you sleep your way through the Slade and Trollope years then Hamp? <laugh>

We were boring but clinical & solid under Malky - the things needed to get out this division (critical considering the amount of money) Ole, Slade and Trollope were all pitiful appointments compared to Mackay. He also made it to a league cup and Playoff semi final after starting with something like 6 professionals. That's quite a big achievement and feel like many are to quick to dismiss that. <ok>

Of course he quite rightly got what he deserved and he will continue to - if as it certainly appears - he stupidly took money from Tan. Full credit to Tan, he has played this well - Malky is going to truly pay for his mistakes.

14. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

I feel it quite outstanding the vitriol aimed at McKay on here. I'm saying no more until the outcome of Tan' s latest attempt to ruin the bloke's life.

15. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Heard it on the radio this morning. If shown to be true I hope the associated agents get theirs as well.

Tan was silly to let MM have control of the spending. At the time I asked, where was Lim? Why wasn't Tan's man on the ground controlling this. He disappeared quietly, but not during the furore.

Explains why Tan has been so vindictive towards MM. MM did the job for us in getting us promoted but may have cost himself a rosy future if he did wrong Tan.

16. Blue Sheep

But it's understandable criticism. He swindled Tan, the club and the fans out his own self interest and through his transfers and by getting himself sacked blew out chance of staying in the Premier League.

17. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Whiff... I don't see any vitriol. He did great things for the club but at some point either lost the plot as it seems and looked to gain a lot for himself at another's expense. Certainly, some of his purchases were a bit strange and we may be seeing some of the reasons why. Coupled with his disastrous ether activity, he has kippered himself. Good football brain, crap business brain? Then again, maybe many many more managers are supplementing their income with this sort of activity. Tan, being the man he is and from is background, will never suffer such treatment and, yes, he may be aiming to ruin the man but probably not. He feels he has been wronged and wants to see it put right.... and no small expense to himself it seems.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I don't see the comments on here as vitriol toward Malky either.

He and Moody were caught out on the racial texting stuff, it's been done to death and that should be enough on that subject. If anything and depite his naive mistakes about City as a football club and its' traditions, the vitriol shown by others on here toward Tan investing in the club and saving it has been far worse.

The alleged financial/fraud side of the Malky/Moody time at the club is a different matter altogether.

It could be that both Malky and Moody were just pawns of the real moneymen agents behind the transfer dealings - these guys are the real villains in the game. Nevertheless if proven true, taking a ride on their backs at the expense of your club and employer, they'll deserve all they get.

DaiJones likes this.
  19. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Malky is the best manager weve had in my lifetime. Great memories on when he was in charge. I wish him well and hope nothing comes out that hes done anything illegal.

To describe this has Tans latest attempt to ruin his life isnt correct. Reading some posts yesterday on all messageboards there are unbelievably people who think this is something new. Its not its been ongoing for ages. Even Malky himself said hes informed his new employers at this and has said hes done nothing wrong and he accepts the legal process.

Lets get this in the open. My bet is certain individuals have taken the p!ss with our clubs money and made themselves a nice little earner on the back of doing next to nothing. Probably not illegal but morally incorrect. Its about time these agents were put in their place.

This is an ongoing court case and debate on I say. But remember Malky is innocent until proven otherwise.

20. DaiJones

Me too, maybe it was because we had the Dave Jones era just before him.