1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"I’m Sitting Here Now With a Big Smile On My Face," Explained Lansdown

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 2, 2017.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Check the league table buddy, right now there are 7 teams that are clearly worse than us as they are below us in the League table, a league, which I might add is played over 45 matches so far, not just the 18 bad games between Nov-Feb.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

And yet if a new manager came in after that bad run and put in a finish like we did. They would be able to walk on water by some on here.
    Lots wanted Rowlett and some wanted Warburton and yet LJ has performed by far better than they have in their times at their new clubs.
    As I've said after the Reading game I wanted LJ no where near our club, but now something has clicked / changed in the set up I've climbed back on the fence for now.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Beauty is skin deep and with a few disasters at the start of next season, a strong possibility, you watch things get ugly, the reason our season was such a failure is solely down to Johnson, he was in charge of transfers,training, tactics, team selection and matchday performance, the only thing achieved was survival, with the spend he had, the loanee policy he was given and the players he inherited, we should have been top half.

Don't put him up on the pedestal as a hero for god sake, he is a little failure who broke a club record for a run of defeats, good job he had a benevolent owner who kept him in work, no other reason justified him staying.

As has been well established he is here to stay for the immediate future, I worry about things to come but that is for another day.

I hope we win tomorrow.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    robin_unreliant likes this.
  4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Who's to know, with another manager taking his place back in December may have taken us down!!

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

45 GAMES! .. AWAY LOST BY 5 - 0; 2 - 0; 2 - 0 at HOME 0 - 2; 0 -2 THATS 13 -0 SO ALL OUR OTHER GAMES WE HAD A POSITIVE GOAL DIFFERENCE of +8 we in flicted two 4 - 0 defeats so in reality we gave as good as we got for 38 of our games!.
    as gdnac says it was the manner of 5 of those results... 13 points that really screwed us ... today we could have been on something like 60 points with just half of them and 13th in the table!

6. RedorDead

Just out of interest, what loanee policy is it you are referring too? As far as I'm aware we've got one loaned outfield player.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Fabien Giefer
    Adam Matthews
    David Cotterill
    Tammy Abraham

He was able to have an open book, he only had to ask his benefactor, this was obvious after the cock up of letting Luke Ayling leave, a stupid misjudgement by jnr.

8. RedorDead

Thank you I forgot about Mathews and Cotterill
    But in fairness Mathews sold us a dud last year as we all wanted him back. If the one came back from last year then no one would of cared regarding Ayling. So I think that one was down to Mathews himself.
    But it is ironic that we sometimes have up to 5 loanees and no one blinks an eyelid so I'm going to put this out there that I think you just want to blame LJ for anything and will do regardless.
    If you don't like what I say then that your choice. But I have stated time and time again I never wanted him, wanted him gone but will give him a chance next season.
    Call me a happy clapper all you like, if you want to.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

That is the one of my points, Johnson didn't make provision for one or more of his signings failing, a sign of inexperience, anyway it's of no consequence now, we have survived a bad season, I honestly await next season with interest and sincerely hope Bristol City FC more than hold their own.

10. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Yes he did, he had Little and Vyner! Vyner got injured and Little's form until the last month was as abstract as Matthew's- no manager could make provisions for that scenario!

11. RedorDead

Brownhill and Smith can also play RB. So not really the most pressing department of the team.

12. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You check the table 'buddy'
    We escaped relegation by 3 points and a +6 goal difference
    Hardly a season to be grateful for.

Johnson OUT

Red Hub likes this.
  13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Clueless manager,has he learnt enough,time will tell.

14. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

We will never know, but I said last week after all results went against us, that I was seriously worried in case we had a heavy defeat at Brighton. If the results had again turned out like they did yesterday, it could have very well been us that went down by an odd goal-
    Imagine the posts mortems discussing where we could have got one more point (Cardiff Reading Derby Sheff Wed etc) or another goal or two.

In the end, luckily it was all academic- Coming back on the running clubs coach yesterday was a Forest fan who either has nerves of steel or is so laid back he is horizontal- I couldn't have coped with it!

wizered likes this.
  15. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

JohnsonIn

Loathsneyd likes this.