1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Humber Street Sesh

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TreeHugger, Aug 1, 2017.

1. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

I thought it was the best HSS yet, good set up, lovely evening, vast majority of bands were local, Hull culture, 'what a good place to be', very crowded with heavy drinking but no trouble, Fruit was a lockout but managed to get in for No Nothings, Fatherson were good. Don't think Life are headliners, thinned the crowd and set was erratic even though I like them.

Edelman and dennisboothstash like this.
  2. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

Best moment of the day, three day millionaires on the rock stage.
    Hey i really fancy seeing these I say to our lass, not really her thing mind.
    Anyways we rock up after seeing some hip hop @stage and the queue for the beer tents massive, let's go down the the front while its empty she says, "you sure" I reply with a massive grin on my face.

She doing some filming on my old fone I gave her (new toys) I say to her, watch your fone
    Eh ?

With that she's bounced three foot from the right of me to my left

The look on her face was ****ing priceless

My baby's fist mosh pit lol
    And she want to see them again, result !

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

****ing love Vulgarians. Best loud guitar band in the city and a good bunch of kids, too. Had the pleasure of transporting them to a few gigs.

4. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

I was working the Dead Bod stage and was really impressed by Affairs. I'd found them a bit bland last year, but they were great yesterday, with a big, anthemic sound. The singer is an odd one - he's got a great voice but wears such a vacant expression between lines. He's a really nice lad, though.

There were loads of great bands on that stage. Evil Litter were awesome, sounding like early PJ Harvey, while The Howl and The Hum were majestic and clearly destined for big things. Watch out for them.