1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by armchairblue, Oct 1, 2016.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I haven't seen christensen play.

Not a big fan of loftus cheek at the moment. When he first came on i was a big a big fan. Size and played it simple and strong.

Having seen him play a few games, i'm not sure what his best position is. I don't think his touch and awareness or finishing is good enough for an AM role and i don't think hes going to make it as a CM. I'm probably being too harsh and need to give him time to develop but i feel like he's stalled and just isn't good enough for the first team. At times he's just a bit cumbersome and if this was a 30 milllion pound player we bought we'd probably be saying hes not good enough.

Having said all that i wasn't impressed with fat franks shooting when he first burst onto the scene either so what do i know <laugh>

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats because when he burst on to the scene, he was Fat Frank, then he became Super Frank! :p

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I know what you mean. Times he's played of late has been at number 10 and I'm not sure it's his position. I think he'd be more suited as the attacking element of a central midfield. I.e alongside a Kante or Matic.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Then there was Drogba, no worldbeater until we gave him the time to find his feet !!! But that's sort of my point, the kids have to play to improve, and it might as well be this season that Conte takes the opportunity to see just how good(or not) they are. RLC and Chalobah deserve a bit more time for mine. Oh, and Nathan Ake, and .......................

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am 100% sure that RLC would have done more than what Fab did against the Goons couple of weeks ago. Same for Chalobah, he cannot be worse than Fab or Mikel in that deeper role especially with Kante.

That is what Conte needs to do. Mix & Match. He shouldn't think of Bonucci for 70+ millions.

few rumours quote, Fab + 50 Million for Bonucci. That might be a steal. Not 100% sure about Italian imports after Juan Cuadrado fiasco.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Zola ???
    Sorry Stan, couldn't resist that. If only we had an anti ageing formula............

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Didn't we buy Desailly from an Italian club too? (AC Milan).

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I have been wanting for a long time. Mix it up to keep the players fresh and hungry, not only that but for experience for the younger ones too. Some of our old guard have been too comfortable in their knowledge that they will play week in week out. The emphasis must turn towards the squad and not so much on the same old 15 or so that seem to have the nod over the rest of the group. Yes we may loose a few whilst the best formations and partnerships can be found but as a whole is this not what the great managers have done before and will continue to do in the future. Step up Signor Conte' show us/them you are a great. Forza Azzurre'.

StanDMan likes this.