1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull V Liverpool - Premier League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 31, 2017.

?

what will occur?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

22.7%
  2. draw

9.1%
  3. Hull win

68.2%
  1. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I've decided a big problem for us in breaking down teams is that all our attacking players are the ****ing same. Lallana, Couts, Firmino, Gini, even Henderson isn't much different. Only Mane stands out as a player that has something different about his style.

Why have we bought so many midfield creative types? Means the whole team is unbalanced, not just the attack. Chelsea work (at least without Maureen they do) because they have different types of players to fill specific roles. We've essentially bought a bunch of square pegs are expecting them to play in Square, round, oblong, hexagonal etc etc holes.

2. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

They weren't square pegs in the first half of the season <confused>

3. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

They were, but teams were letting us get away with whatever the **** we wanted earlier and our lot were confident, which is the other big problem atm.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Probably scared of being described bus parkers instead of having a good defence <ok>

5. moreinjuredthanowen

bit harsh that.

teams didn't let us away with anything. we played better.

the bottlers in our team are now there for all to see once more.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Your opponents have figured you out no, that's largely the difference imo.

Earlier in the season teams weren't parking the bus against you, now the template has been laid - you can seemingly concede 70%+ possession to Liverpool, sit deep, given them no space centrally to play through you, and they'll struggle to break you down. You can then pick them off on the break as they push further and further forwards.

You've now lost the all important confidence and the way you play demands confidence. To say you desperately need a result is an understatement.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

not really. thats over simplistic view IMO.

The reality is some of our lot haven't the bottle and others have stopped working hard. Origi and sturrdige have barely tried a leg and firmino will do anything but run a channel.

It;d be really easy to play an old school game v hull and run the channels and score IMO from watching that game. mane did it ONCE nobody else every gave a fast break out ball to lfc and the play safe merchants also ensured others didn't try cos the ball wasn't coming.

Klopp needs to end a few of them.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

How much is bottle and how much is a lack of confidence and hiding from the ball?

I doubt they've stopped giving a **** mate

9. moreinjuredthanowen

a large part of bottle is hiding from the ball and making safe runs and safe passes.

confidence is one thing but bottle is the bravery to make things happen when things are not plain sailing or difficult.

I personally have identified firmino as the guy who's not doing enough. whether thats cos he got burgled and now wants out (not admitting it) or cos he thinks he's it or is just plain blown out for the season i don't know but he needs to do a lot more for me and was doing it before christmas.

lallana is giving his classic bottled performances too. he's headless chicken now. he's not joing box late is he?

I was utterly shocked seeing clyne for the first time in 6 weeks play a forward pass this game. mane made a run in firt half into channel and clyne played the ball. thats what i am talking about.

it'd be pretty timple for the frotn 3 to make some classic runs and be found quicker by team mates. They are all in the same mode.

but hey... at least my threat of chopping their heads off online has meant they've stopped taking the same corner over and over and over again. Since wolves raped them they'd finally worked out a new signal and corner in training.

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I haven't read through this. Couldn't bring myself to. <grr>

11. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

We have just played teams who are happy to sit back and give us possession.

The tactic which needs changing is allowing the opposition to have the ball. Klopps pressing style works when they have the ball, we obtain it and quickly attack. If you have the ball for 80% of the match where can any pressing style happen?

Teams coming forward like Arsenal, Spurs and i feel Leicester (they may sit back but atm are on a massive downhill so defensively could they obtain us even if they wanted too?) wont change there and style and actually give us a game. That's when we are at our best.

Klopp needs to understand this isn't the German league where every team will give a go at least. When your travelling to teams like Hull or Swansea at home they will be more than happy to sit back and try and get one shot on target. And with how poor defensively and our keeper incapable of saving anything unless its a penalty then we get found out.

Swap our back four and keeper with spurs and keep our mid/attack the same then we would be getting draws rather than these defeats because they understand if you can't score you have to keep it strong at the back. We still feel that if they score 5 we will score 6 but as was the worry at the start that was always going to dry up and when it does they will score and we have nothing to come back with it.

I also would've played Gomez with Matip rather than Lucas. He looks gone.

12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Yep, I wondered why not Gomez myself. We got found out with the second goal re. Lucas's pace (or lack of)
    His positioning wasn't good either. He's been a great servant to the club but he should go in the summer.

13. saintKlopp

Neither have I. I made one comment immediately after the game, then I was away from home until now.
    I can't be bothered to read back, though I can imagine the things that were said.
    Well done to Hull of course, but we were abject. There were just so many bad things about that performance I don't know where to begin, so I won't try.

On to the next game - leave Klopp to sort them out.

organic red likes this.
  14. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Agreed <ok>

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

16. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Needed a bit more time to contemplate how utterly gash they are.

jaffaklopp and Zanjinho like this.
  17. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

What a time to be alive eh boys.. IMG_4959.JPG

18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I can't talk about it, as I haven't seen it. This game doesn't exist to me. <diva>

Justovertheline likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

Look I think a couple MIGHT be fatigued BUT its rather babish to need 2 days off to cry.

I didn't need it, i was fine right after cos i #calledit

I would expect that they should do a warm weather training for 3/4 days now after spurs as i think they have 2 weks off then.

the lazy spoiled brats <laugh>

* Record Points Total likes this.
  20. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Wonder if that's their own trophy, that the great teams that win it five or more times get to keep?