1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull V Ipswich

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by HangingHog FC, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

and you. you deserved a point on the 2nd half but not the way it came. regardless good luck and please take some points off our rivals. all the best. <ok>

on the plus GREAT NEWS ON THE BULLARD CASE. Not that i had any doubts Hull City would win that battle. An Ipswich fan told me today that Bullard is in Las Vegas. Well he needs to get some money in from somewhere. 2-3m lost from us and the legal costs to pay for. Oh dear...LMAO:emoticon-0116-evilg

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I whole heartedly agree that Bullard is just a money grabbing ****er but you were the ones who agreed to pay him £45K per week even in the Championship! <yikes> He's not even on half that at Ipswich and with any luck he will be gone in the summer clear out!

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

the idiot paul duffen who msigned him to 45k a week did not have a relegation clause put in it. but that was the last set of owners. glad he is gone and glad we saved so much money. maybe use it on some loans

4. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

At last some sense!

<cheers>

5. johnnywarksmoustache

Fair point. I had my deep reservations when we signed him during the summer! Yes he helped to keep us up last year when we got him on loan but now that we have signed him, he has been cack! I can't think why...! <whistle> The Dad's Army experiment that our clueless **** of a boss persisted with, has been totally discredited, and I now hope that we get a decent manager who knows how to get the best out of young hungry players who actually want to play for us! Some hope!!

6. captaintigerrobin

captaintigerrobin Active Member

It's funny that you come on a Hull City V Ipswich Town match thread to gloat about us ****ing up, being a fan of a club who desperately tries to convice us that you don't care about us.... seems more like an obsession.

7. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

It doesn't.

Although this name-calling of yours is keyboard warrior behaviour.....

8. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Let me know if you find a post where I say we deserved to win today or against Leeds, or that we were sh!t.

You're just inventing stuff.

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

But you don't care about us. Not at all.

Okay, just enough to pop on this thread.

Not getting into the banter too much because I have nothing against you lot but come on! You were dead and buried at 2-0 until you managed to somehow win a penalty without even having the ball (only we could manage that <doh>) Without that freak moment you were taking a beating.

I know you love refs but how can we possibly play our way round a situation where anything goes in the box when we're attacking, but the ref can't wait to blow his whistle for a penalty against us? We had two bigger shouts than theirs today, one of them was only ignored because the ball fell to Koren after. Yes he played the advantage for a penalty. He obviously hasn't seen our chance conversion rate if he thought that was an advantage <doh>

10. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm beginning to think you're really Andy Dawson.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

On the other thread you said pretty much the same thing I've said there in response to Prehistoric Bob.

12. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

So it was your fault

13. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

I was referring to two bigger shouts than them and the referee not being able to wait to give a pen against us. There's rarely been a more obvious penalty than the one given yesterday. The one on McLean I agreed should have been a penalty, but to go with penalty rather than the advantage played I needed the replay to determine the movement of the defence after the foul because at the time I'd not seen it well enough from where I was so I wouldn't say it was a bigger shout than their's. The ref would have needed to consider far too wide a field of vision to make the call I did after watching the video. The Fryatt one I said wasn't a penalty, which a City fan who used to be a referees assessor agreed with me about, as apparently did Barmby after the game though I haven't heard his comments first hand. I'm still waiting for bob to tell me when the 3rd penalty incident was as I can't even remember us asking for 3 so we might have had one as obvious as the one that was given.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what he meant by the 3rd one but the McLean thing wasn't even complicated. He was fouled on the ball whilst trying to score and we didn't get a penalty. They got a penalty for a minor technical offence without having possession of the ball which must have been, luckily for them, just inside the area. It's not that it definitely wasn't a penalty, it's that many refs would let play continue and if you're going to give that, you have to give the one on McLean at least.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Thats just bollocks. Smith went to head the ball, Mclean kicked him in the stomach. Penalty- end of. Move on FFS.

16. johnnywarksmoustache

If's, Buts, Maybe's! <doh>

We have had some right shocking decisions given against us this season and it's nice to get some of the benefit of the doubt go our way for a change! We were the better side in the second half and when we equalised we should have gone on to win. All in all a draw was a fair result and good luck for the rest of the season <ok>

17. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

Where you even at the game?

The penalty that was given was because their player got kicked in the stomach when he went up for a header and the offence took place virtually on the penalty spot. It was stupid by McLean, because if he'd gone up for a header himself even if he lost out he'd have been likely to win one of those inexplicable freekicks that seem to be given just for being the defender.

The challenge on McLean was a late one. McLean's intention was always to lay the ball off, which he had managed to do. It was correct to try to play advantage as it didn't directly influence our attack and it resulted in a shot at goal. With the benefit of replays though it's possible to see that the defence were able to be better positioned as a result of McLean being floored, so in that sense we were disadvantaged by the incident and it should have been a penalty as the advantage wasn't really an advantage. But to expect the referee to be able to follow everything that went on all around him in that short space of time and to be able to analyse the defence's positions relative to what they'd be if we hadn't been a man down is expecting too much. It was the wrong decision, but it was made for the right reasons so it's one that's unlucky rather than a reason to criticise the officials.

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't think that McLean one was anywhere near as complex as you're making out. An advantage only needs to be played in certain situations, such as if someone is brought down late on the halfway line and your winger is tearing off up the line with the ball anyway. If the foul is in the area it will almost never be an advantage on a penalty to play it on, especially if the ball has gone out of the area and resulted in a desperate shot that was very unlikely to go in. It was a foul in the area; unless the ball was about to cross the line anyway he doesn't even need to consider an advantage for a penalty.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Stop digging mate, Mclean was a ****ing idiot to try a scissor kick in a crowded penalty, I'd have been amazed if it wasn't given.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'm not even talking about that, christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.