1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by wearehull, Jan 12, 2015.

1. wearehull

wearehull New Member

Hi, I run the website http://www.wearehull.com

Were creating a new section for Hull City match days called View From the Opposition.

I wonder if any west ham fans would answer any of my questions for me.

What are your views on Allam changing Hull City AFC's name to Hull Tigers?

What are your expectations for this season?

Are you happy with your manager?

Who are your key players?

Your Achilles heel?

What is your perception of City as a club?

If you could have any City player in your team who would you choose?

What is your perception of City fans?

2. Trick_WHUFC

Trick_WHUFC Active Member

Hi mate here are my thoughts if any good to you:

This really depends on the commercial gain. If he really believes it will benefit the club financially and ultimately result in more money for players then I think its something you should begrudgingly accept. It's not something I like but it's just another example of football moving further and further away from the game we all fell in love with as children.

A top half finish would be a success but after our strong start, anything lower than 8th would be disappointing now.

I am personally. I had a little wobble last Christmas when we were in terrible form and looked certain for relegation. However he turned it around and looking back, considering the injuries we had (we played several games without a single fit center back), I was probably being a bit unfair. He has been backed by the board and bought some good players in and he is showing now what a talented manager he is. He isn't perfect, but it could be a lot worse.

Who are your key players?

Alex Song has been fantastic this season and I hope we can sign him permanently. Downing is looking like the player Liverpool wanted him to be and our fullbacks Cresswell and Jenkinson are key to the way we play.

Your Achilles heel?

I don't think we have any real significant weakness'. I suppose in recent weeks, failing to kill games off when we go 1-0 up cost us. I would like to see us go for it a bit more to try and get a second goal but we tend to sit back a bit.

You seem to be very well run and you always seem to strengthen each window and you have built up a very decent squad. You are in that difficult second season up (as we were last season) but if you can stay up (I think you will) then the future looks good for you. You should stick with Steve Bruce. I think he is a good manager.

We are a centre back short - especially with Reid about to leave so I would quite like Curtis Davies. Huddlestone and Jelavic would also be welcome. I also don't think we should have sold Diame but I think he wanted to leave.

I don't know any personally but you seem like a good bunch and make a good amount of noise. However I do always think of that youtube video "mauled by the tigers" when I think of you boys :biggrin:

3. wearehull

wearehull New Member

haha thank you very much mate i'll publish this on our website this week. Enjoy the game on Sunday

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

It's his club at the end of the day, he poured the millions in paid off the debt and owns it, most people in that position can call their companies whatever they want. And the name change isn't that bad, just the addition of your self imposed nick-name.

Well, we're pretty much safe, so that's out, considering where we were last season top ten would've made most West Ham fans happy, but I think getting into Europe shoud be our aim.

yep. always been an Allardyce fan, manages the same way I do on Management games, build a solid defence first then start to add attacking flair when you have sorted that out. Looked in trouble last year when we couldn't put out a proper first XI until around February. (Trix forgets we also didn't have a recognised striker for the first few months last year either, and after they came back and before we lost al our CB's we didn't have much of a midfield either)

Who are your key players? Adrian and Downing probably, Song looks good too, bu tends to slow the pace too much sometimes.

Your Achilles heel?
    Nolan, his legs have gone, and lately Reid has been very clumsy, although to be honest we could do with 2 new CB's

Smaller provincial club punching above it's weight, you have a fairly decent EPL squad that should finish between 12th and 16th

Jelavic I think, unlike Trix I'm glad we got shot of Diame', afer the first 9 months he was constantly whining about his top 6 club and his performances weren't that good unless we were playing a top side.

I Don't know any, but I'd guess you're the sme as most footie fans around the country (except Tottenham fans who seem to think their club actually really is up there with Man U, Chelsea, City and Arsenal)

5. Trick_WHUFC

Trick_WHUFC Active Member

Miggins, I know what you mean about Diame. I just think on talent alone he would have been useful this season. Like at swansea the other day I think our midfield looked light without Song and Kouyate. I don't really like to see Nolan in deeper role and as good as I think Poyet will be, I don't think he's quite ready.

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

yeah I see where you are coming from, Nolans' legs look gone and he just can't keep up, but I think getting rid of an habitual moaner is always good for squad harmony, while most of our injury ravaged squad were fighting a backs against the wall and hands to the pumps fight for survival, he was moaning in the press about top 6 and being out of position.

Edit: As I said Adrian :), he scores too

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015