1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Hull City Winter Transfers Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I know it's a bit early, but the speculation is going to start flying, what with us being as low as we are in the table (false position or not).

I know we've been linked with Darren Fletcher (not a bad idea) and Sean Johnson from the States (who was on trial earlier this season), so any links, stick them in here. Feel free to discuss anybody you'd like to see us sign, any outgoings, but try keep the topic on transfers.

It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see us go in for Jordan Rhodes again. Blackburn are sat outside the playoffs, so he might want out. He was so close to joining and was none to happy that he couldn't. We need a goalscorer, between Jelavic and Hernandez there isn't much competition and I think with a bit of nous we could nab him.

I'm aware that the HU in the title is captialised. It's our postcode, I thought it would add emphasis. I would not, however, be offended if a mod changed it.

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

The only thing we need is a striker to replace Long, which we never quite did in the summer. I'd be surprised if we go for anyone else really, we've got lots of cover all over the place and we've arguably suffered from making too many changes to the team too quickly back in the summer.

However, even ignoring all the 'no more money' talk from them, I wouldn't blame the owners at all if they spend no more money this window. We spent plenty in the last two windows and we should have got better value out of the Long money.

3. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

I can't see Allam lending much more money. Like £15 million more money for Rhodes. Steve Bruce will have said back in the summer give him money and he'll make the team stronger. Allam will be thinking he's not going to throw good money after bad. And when the chairman no longer trusts the manager to spend the money, it's the beginning of the end.

4. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

If we are never going to play through the middle then number 10 types are pointless. We clearly need a Long replacement (does that mean a striker running the channels or slightly narrower like the edges of the box?)

Failing that, a pacy left winger to retrieve and re-deliver Elmo's crosses and a 7ft striker to make our set pieces more effective.

5. Steven Toast

Both Aluko and Ince can play there, plus Brady is hardly slow.

6. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

The good doctor has already said on record there will be no more money to spend since he wants to sell up

read my CV

7. Steven Toast

Yeah but he talks out of his arse. SB has said that if there is a player, the door is always open. It's exactly what he said last transfer window. Plus we have a loan spot free if Benny leaves, that wouldn't require much of a fee.

8. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

No Sean Johnson if we want a young American keeper we want Bill Hamid.

9. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

You can bet Kingston-Upon-Hull to a brick that we will be bringing in a couple of new players next month because our current team is just not making it.

10. ellewoods

If it was up to me I would prefer to upgrade our midfield.

11. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure we will actually. I think we may bring in a new loan for HBA, and perhaps one player, but on the whole, bringing in more and more players is what's causing this. Remember when players gushed about our fantastic team spirit? I haven't heard about that in a while.. A lot of noses are out of joint.

Kempton likes this.
  12. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Spot on, in my opinion.

13. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Won't this Hamid have had to have taken part in the majority of USA internationals played in the last year or two? It's not so easy signing non-EU players.

14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I'm not a poodle, but our form from last season and this which is a good quota of games suggests relegation. Simply because we have not been accumulating enough points. The longer this goes on, the less games we have left to reduce our arrears and the pressure mounts. At present we need one win in 3 to maintain PL status - getting us to ten wins.

Problems - Burnley have found a way to win games - they also have a goal scorer and bloody decent player in Danny Ings.

QPR will likely throw more money at it in January, they already have a decent strike force with Austin - who allegedly didn't pass a medical here - strangely seems to have done OK at QPR.

Leicester - not bothered about them, the only change in their fortunes will be as a result of a managerial change.

Selling Long was frankly madness - replacements of equivalent ability cost approximately the same. We seem to have re invested the money poorly. Long worked together well with Jelavić, it was foolish to break up that partnership.

In light of the above, I'd like to see us go out and sign at least two players, no one from the continent that hasn't played PL football before as they take too long to adjust.

Jermaine Defoe and Aaron Lennon

Both used to the PL - both would fit in with the current Spurs Axis that exists at City, both would offer goals and provision.

What price is Premier League survival to AA?

15. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Big decisions to be made by the Allams on what to do this transfer window. Do they stick with what we've got, manager and players and hope we turn it around and stay up? Or do they either splash some cash or possibly bring in a new manager to help keep us up?

I personally think they'll stick with Bruce and allow him to bring in one or 2 players to help steady the ship.

Id send Ramirez back if possible and buy a younger "Koren" type player. We are seriously lacking that link-up play from midfield to the strikers.
    Also we need to bring in a striker to partner Jelavic, I can not see Hernandez adapting fast enough for him to start chipping in with the goals required to keep us up.

16. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Certainly with Ben Arfa on his way out that frees up a loan spot, so I would expect this to be filled at the very least.

17. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

i'd love to see Defoe here - he would certainly give us something for a defence to think about !
    won't it be hard to prise him from the MLS and what will no doubt be a silly salary -

18. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

If he was available, he'd most definitely go to QPR.

19. ellewoods

Well Johnson would have to as well and he hasnt qualified and we took him on in a trial. Its possible that Hamid who is the youngest ever MLS keeper, holds a bunch of mls records already, current MLS Goal Keeper of the year and is the future US National team #1 might qualify for that special talent spot for non-eu players. It is believed that once Howard retires (he is just on an international break right now) that Hamid will take over the number #1 spot over Guzan. It does depend on how soon Howard retires though.

20. Hull1904

Hull1904 Member

I would like Arouna Kone. He won't cost too much, and he is fast and strong.