1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Watford

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 21, 2017.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why we're one of the only countries that doesn't do it as fractions. Seems so much simpler to do it our way without then having to slap it in a calculator to work out the decimal translation.

2. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

did it take us joining the EU to ditch £ s d?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your engagement Alex!! Yes as I noted in our last discussion Grosicki looks so much more effective crossing from the right, so its strange that he prefers to be on the left side where he seems reluctant to make the pinpoint first time crosses that from the right side brought goals from Markovic and from Hernandez in the Boro game. Also Markovic looks very dangerous in a more central position. Why not team him up with Niasse or Hernandez in a 4-4-2 with Robertson on the LW ahead of Tymon. That speedy combination should scare a few defenses.

Looking forward to your Podcast on yesterday's amazing game Alex.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    ATM77, King Curtis and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  4. petersaxton

Markovic is too lightweight as a central attacker

5. SydneyTiger14

He's surprisingly not, very strong on the ball. I can't remember him getting out-muscled too many times, and if he is he wins a FK.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  6. petersaxton

it's not just a question of getting out-muscled - you have to be able to out-muscle defenders

7. SydneyTiger14

Or out-pace/skill them which he can do.

8. petersaxton

he certainly can do that

9. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Completely agree Alex. He is very hard to knock off the ball and has amazing balance for a player with a relatively slight physique. Also his reaction time is extraordinarily quick. These attributes make him very dangerous in tight situations in the box. He went down yesterday after his header hit the bar, but still had the agility and strength to get up and force the ball over the line despite the competition from Watfords defenders. His previous goal was quite similar when at first look he was not best placed to get to the ball.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  10. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

We will clinch safety v Sunderland at home

Southampton we win
    Sunderland we win

Swansea lose v Man U
    Swansea lose v Everton

11. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

And send Sunderland down...

12. Mike in Williamstown

Agree with this. I noticed on the replay his celebration when Markovic scored. He's been criticised by some in the past for being somewhat aloof and disinterested but that certainly wasn't the case yesterday.

In one of his post match interviews, Silva praised him for his very good work and doing everything he asked of him. If we stay up and if Silva stays on (two big 'ifs') then I hope Hernandez stays too because I think Silva will bring the best out of him with more time.

CANADATIGER and HHH like this.
  13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

You're right of course, I thought Robertson might have put Markovic away.

14. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

When that happens how long before Tigeroo comes scurrying back? <laugh>

Edit:- I just realised, he's probably a Jonah, posts on our board we got relegated, posts on their board...

Kempton and Dills double deckers like this.
  15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Dermot Gallagher doesn't think Hull City's appeal against Oumar Niasse's red card will be successful

please log in to view this image

Former referee Dermot Gallagher has admitted that Hull City's Oumar Niasse should not have been sent off but he does not think the decision will be overturned.

Niasse was sent off early in the first half against Watford after being adjudged to catch M'baye Niang high on his shin, leaving the Tigers to play for 65 minutes. However, replays showed any contact to be minimal.

As it unfolded it didn't have too much of an outcome on the fixture, as 10-men City scored twice in the second half to swat away the Hornets. Nevertheless, it could have greater implications as Niasse now faces three games out through suspension should the decision not be overturned.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Gallagher criticized Bobby Madley for making a poor decision in the game.

"For me, no [it wasn't a sending off]," Gallagher said. "I didn't think it was a red at the time when I saw it live and I've had time over the weekend to look at it again and again, and I've seen nothing to suggest it was a red card.

"He might have got a little nick on him, but it's not serious foul play for me. It's just a misread, in my view, by the referee and I think everybody was surprised a red card came out.

Read more: LIVE Hull City news and rumours as Sam Clucas believes City have the advantage and Swanny has his say

"Maybe Madley was too close. Also, the player that went down didn't help him. I think the sound of a player screaming out sells to your mind that decision. He acted very quickly; I wonder if he'd thought about it for a little bit it might have been different.

"He'll say, in his defence, that he was convinced and that's why he did it, to stop anyone coming in and berating him for that."

Talking after the game, Marco Silva confirmed that the club will look at appealing the decision, in order to have Niasse eligible for the last four games of the season.

More news: Abel Hernandez has shown he can play lone striker role if needed

But despite believing the call was wrong Gallagher does not think it will be overturned, citing the fact that there was contact.

"I think they would lose an appeal," he added. "The appeal doesn't necessarily say the referee has to get it wrong; the appeal says it has to be a clear and honest error by the referee.

"I think the fact that the player went in high and has just nicked him, albeit minor, I think, that will negate that."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/derm...0289991-detail/story.html#eprQTfQzjiGT5g4C.99

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

The club have a strong preference for free travel over tickets and something tells me other clubs have a similar stance. I can't understand why though. I did ask at a previous FWG meeting whether this could be anything to do with external pressure from authorities/police etc to get as many people as possible onto official transport. Club said it wasn't.

18. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

I can't see it getting over turned just because it's lowly Hull City... hope I'm wrong

19. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

A touch late, but...

look_back_in_amber and lewisc29 like this.
  20. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Do you mean the tackle was late, or that you are late posting the video clip?