1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-1-5_13-26-18.png Hull City v. Swansea City upload_2017-1-5_13-26-18.png

FA Cup Third round
    Date - Saturday 7 January 2017
    Kick off -15:00
    Venue - KC Stadium

Following Tuesday's much needed away victory at Selhurst Park, the Swans travel to fellow PL strugglers Hull for a Third Round FA Cup match.

Both sides will have a new man in charge for the first time - Paul Clements will take (full) charge for the first time, although he was involved, particularly during the second half against Palace.

Meantime, former Olympiakos manager Marco Silva has been confirmed as Hull City's new boss. The 39-year-old Portuguese has signed until the end of the season.

Whilst the teams have met on 72 occasions (Swansea winning 30, Hull 26 & 16 draws), this will be only the second fixture in the FA Cup. The previous occasion was in February 1987 when Hull won 1-0 at The Vetch in a Fourth Round cup-tie.

With PL survival very much the priority for both sides, it is highly likely that the Managers will ring the changes and take the opportunity to see different players in action.

Swansea and Hull met earlier in the season at The Liberty Stadium and Hull ran out (probably) deserved 0-2 winners.

Whilst neither team would necessarily want a draw, I've a feeling that the match will end 2-2.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Personally I think this is a must win game in terms of confidence in the side. Surely we won't want to be dumped out after raising the expectations in the win over Palace.
    A win would set up up nicely to have a good go at Arsenal.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Hi Stereo - I agree with you, we need to build confidence and get at Arsenal. But, as Clements has said, he wants to take a look at the squad before deciding where it needs to be strengthened.

4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Difficult game to call this one but I am going for a 1-0 win to the Swans

5. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

I'd go for similar line up as Palace game with a sprinkling of U23/fringe players. There's a week to recover and we need to have some consistency to move forward

6. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see which new manager will be most effective. On the one hand we have a "coach" turned manager who has been at some of the biggest clubs as a No2 and an ex defender who has tasted success at every club he has managed since retiring as a player in 2011. Neither of which have experience in the PL. I am hoping for a 1-0 win for us but got a feeling that Silva is a good appointment for Hull and they will prbably do us 2-0.

7. glamexile

I think Silva has a big job on his hands. There is, if I can use the phrase, a toxic atmosphere at Hull at the moment. If they don't get early success then they are a doomed club. I can see them on Saturday setting themselves up not to concede even though they are the home team. So although a game both sides could do without it will be interesting to observe how the two managers approach it.

8. glamexile

Snippet from PC's press conference

15:07 Is there a lack of confidence with the players?

CLEMENT: "In this short period I have to give players as much chance to get in front of me, it's not only in games but in training, we're videoing everything, they are under the microscope.

"But we're also trying to get information into them very quickly. This weekend is different, I will make some changes, not massive ones because we want to try and create some continuity and get some cohesion in the team, and to give them confidence.

"But difficult decisions have to be made for the best of the club and the team."

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I want this game to be treated like the game against Hull all those years ago . Best team imagineable as a set up toward our next league game ,. Best 11 and take it from there

10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Love the sound of that, I don't think this guy will take any prisoners when it comes to making those difficult decisions. We will make a few changes but I just hope we don't give the game up and at least have a go for this and it will be tight, but I hope we can nick it.

11. glamexile

What I hope and what I believe will happen is the players will be giving 100% on Saturday as some may be playing to avoid being put up for sale in this window

12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Hoping the sort of 433 stays with Fernandez , Cork , Naughton , Llorente and Taylor is dropped in favor of Kingsley . Clement will be impressed with Fer,s pass to Rangel and maybe give Siggy a rest for this one and give Fer a chance at a prime attacking position for a game

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

2-1 Swans

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  14. Taffvalerowdy

O
    dds?

15. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Since you always bet on 2-1 Swans, I expect you were pleased with Tuesday's result - the first 2-1 of the season I think.

16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I was over the moon 14/1.

17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

9/1 I took before the CP game.
    As I posted in a different thread did two 2-1 singles and a 150/1 double.

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

What a difference PC is to Bob the builder!! I'm going for a convincing win for Swansea. think it will be 2-0 or 3-1............<laugh>

19. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

Hull City fan here in peace..
    it will be very interesting to see just what teams turn up.
    IF we had kept with Mike Phelan, Id have said 3-0 to you, but as we have just got the new Jose Mourino, I am not convinced that a win for you will be all that easy.
    the only thing I am worried about at this time, is Silva being able to get his message across in the amount of time that he can spend with the players.. 2 days?

in reality, he has to hit the ground running.

20. Taffvalerowdy

As I read on the PS site, Hull sacked Mike Phelan in the same week that they sacked youth coach, Peter Ndlovu

please log in to view this image
    You've lost Ndlovu and Phelan, whooah Ndlovu and Phelan