1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Southampton Sunday Nov. 6 14:15

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintkitch, Nov 4, 2016.

1. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

So Long, Austin, Redmond, Davis, JWP, Boufal, Tadic, Rodriguez? Who stays and who goes?

Long is injured, JRod & Boufal are returning from injury, JWP and Redmond are improving younger players, Davis is our engine, every team needs someone to do the hard work, Tadic is needed for his creativity and Austin for his goals and hold up play. They are all playing when available either in Europa or EPL because you need 2 players for each position to at least try and compete on all fronts. Previously we complained we didn't have a squad, now we do. You might argue that none of them are "1st on the team sheet" at the moment so we need someone better, but that is a constant and every time the club gets a VVD a Caulker is shown the door.

Hoarding is putting stuff in a cupboard and never using it. Clearly we aren't doing that.

We need more goals from our periods of dominant play, but as we can't field a team of 'world class' players we need to have options and try and use those intelligently. Unfortunately those options are limilted by injuries and a lack of match sharpness.

BTW I notice that the massively over-financed Man City drew with Middlesboro at the weekend and Aguero and Silva missed a couple of sitters.

2. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Fast forward 20 years - pretty sure the same teams will be winning the big prizes. Barca, Real, Bayern, a London club, a Manchester club. Possibly a Birmingham club, a Milan club a Paris club.
    We will still be doing well (someone has to be there to play the big clubs and keep it competitive)
    As horrified as we all are each season selling our best players it seems to work. We have the opportunity every year to discover the new talent, we have the money and we don't have the fear. They will move on, make it big or fail. (really only Gareth can be said to have really hit the big time) One year we will have a team of unknowns who, like Leicester, will blast away the big teams. It's only Leicester and Blackburn who have ever made a brief impact on the Premier League. I'm 56, we came close in 82? I like our current strategy, I like the way we have kept a core of strong players and I will always dream that for maybe 1 or 2 years we find the 3 or 4 players that will give us that wonder year!

Missing Lambo and Onionman like this.
  3. SaintinSerbia

or you can hope the Chinese will invest billions and then I will support Eastleigh

4. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Or Donald Trump will buy us and then I'll support Wrexham.

5. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I am arguing.

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Though if he did....fans could sport comb overs* at the last home game of the season.

*That hair style alone should make you unelectable. <laugh>

Missing Lambo likes this.
  7. Missing Lambo

You really have a hair thing going, don't you? The unfortunate Belgian at Man Utd was on the receiving end of a hirsutist comment. Let's be clear.

Fellaini is useless. Trump is dangerous.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  8. fran-MLs little camera

OK, I will let Fellaini of the hook....no hair do is as bad as a comb over....apart from balding men with pony tails or mullets. I will have to think about this. :)

9. Missing Lambo

1984, mate. 3 wins from the double. Don't mention the FA Cup semi-final of that year with FLT around

10. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0121-angry

Three wins, or Steve Williams knee holding out a little longer (or him not playing in the semi-final)

11. SaintinSerbia

Now I've had long curly hair for 50 odd years (not unlike Mr. Fellaini) and it's been receding at a leisurely pace for the last 20. There are many women who have told me to shave it off before I look stupid(er) but hell no I'm going to grow old disgracefully and go for an Albert Einstein old age look. (you don't get men telling old ladies to shave it off when their hair gets thin and you can see their skulls shining through the blue haze!)

12. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

Go on i will say it, someone crocking Adrian Heath in the game!

fatletiss likes this.
  13. fran-MLs little camera

Can't we take this thread out the back and shoot it.<laugh>