1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Southampton Sunday Nov. 6 14:15

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintkitch, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

I know this in tongue in cheek but it's a great point in my eyes and exactly why we should focus on the cups (esp. EL) over the league.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

One of the biggest issues with strikers is that they need to play all the time. In today's schedules they need resting, but that becomes catch 22, because they need playing all the time. Charlie would say this too.

Libby likes this.
  3. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

Well it's twenty-to-two on Tuesday afternoon and I'm still really peed off with that result....

Velcro Roy likes this.
  4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Have to get over it....there will be others like it before the season's end. Happens every year....and not just to us.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Agree with that. We all saw how Long benefitted from a long run in the team last season.

6. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was a bad loss. Sometimes I just do a little check on myself to see if maybe I am taking it too seriously. Usually I find I am not, but it's kind of good to self-monitor it a bit.

As long as you are just as happy when we pull off a big win. And in neither case does it impact your life, a little temporary mood swing it is fine. I mean, if we felt nothing.. why are we even following the team?

The Chicago Cubs won the World Series in baseball, and I just voted in the US election. So kinda easy for me to put this loss in perspective with all the other crazy stuff going on over the last week.

7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Add to this that we have more than one striker wanting to play all the time as the one striker.

8. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Horrible way to lose, but with the two week break made twice as bad again.
    Scotlands 2-1 win over England will keep the media busy.

9. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

I flicked back a few pages honest but didn't see anything - Forster is injured again? when did that happen?

10. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

He looked uncomfortable whilst kicking against Inter Milan, and sort of did a limp thing after goal kicks. I don't know if that was new to that match, or if he's been carrying a problem for a while.

11. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Snodgrass winner presumably.

12. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

He's been doing it for a while, I think.

fatletiss likes this.
  13. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a big role to play, but this game suits the scots down to the ground.

14. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

I remember vs Sunderland in the cup (I think) a centre back took goal kicks for him.

15. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Think that was McCarthy?

16. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Was it? My memory is hazy

17. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

Ha ha no one needs to tell me there's more important things in the world - check out my previous posts - but in a footballing sense I meant.

We had it all going on, the only defeat in recent times to Chelsea which is no disgrace - well on top of a poor Hull City team, just looking good all around really, then within two minutes Burnley are above us in the table, Hull are three points behind us and the truth of the matter is we have won only three league games in eleven games......just in football terms, nothing else, it's a right p*ss*r!

Couple this up with some potentially tough games (you just know we will lose to Everton no matter what) we could be looking at a flat month of non-fun coming up.

And the ice hockey team I support has lost four players to injury and five matches on the trot - and that doesn't look like ending any time soon - so sporting-wise this week has been utter sh*t*

Still by mid-day tomorrow Russian tanks could rolling across Europe knowing full-well the US won't intervene because some of those countries haven't paid their bills and the US president wants to build some hotels for Putin, so losing to Hull City maybe the least of anyone's problems :emoticon-0140-rofl:

davecg69 likes this.
  18. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Yes Yosh was taking the goal kicks for McCarthy against Sunderland - but Forster has been replaced in the England squad

19. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

I was surprised that he didn't get severely criticised for the way he was taking the goal kicks. I'm sure that at least one of them went to a Sunderland player ..... :emoticon-0138-think

20. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

This is exactly how some people think, even if they don't realise it. It makes no sense for teams like saints to put the 3 cup competitions in 2nd place to the league. Realistically, we aren't going down or going to put up a title fight or even top 4. Our best chance of success is the EFL cup, EL or FA cup - and it makes perfect sense to allocate resources to the area you have the best chance of succeeding in!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Saints Fan4Life, Libby and davecg69 like this.