1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City 0 - 2 Cardiff

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tigers piss on weeds, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Tigers piss on weeds

Well it was never going to be easy but credit to Cardiff for their win at the KC today, couldnt make the game but heard some of it on the radio before work. What happened overall today, were Cardiff just too much for the tigers or were we truely awful today? Please discuss!

2. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

We weren't at our best against Derby or Ipswich but got 4 points. You can't expect that to happen against the likes of Cardiff.

Rosenior of all people was the only one I felt looked like making anything happen. There were a few nice touches from Evans and Simpson but we never really got going.

Very poor goals to concede, a free header from Chopra and a disgusting second to concede. There's been plenty of praise for Guzan since he came here but I've never rated him. Get him back to Villa and get Vito back between the sticks (considering he is actually capable of stepping off his line)

3. Tigers piss on weeds

Not very flattering from what i heard, Leeds have dropped points but Burnley, leicester and Reading took points. Hope its just a blip, I wasnt too keen on us starting Gerrard today, from what I heard the game got to him for various reasons as can be imagined.

Mannone has to come back into the fray, with it being Guzans possible last game also. But Cardiff have brought their game to our home ground today and beaten us, albeit sloppy goals. Hope more comments are added about the game soon although the wounds may still be hurting to make a contribution, which is understandable.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They were better than us, simple as that.

4-3-3 didn't work, mainly because Harper was terrible and Koren was largely anonymous, leaving Evans too much to do.

Mannone will be back in goal at Forest and Hobbs may have to stand in for Gerrard, who was signalling to the bench that he had a problem after just five minutes. I hope we bring a central midfield player in on loan this week, Harper simply hasn't got any quality about him at all.

5. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Well done Cardiff better team. We can't complain we've been on a fantastic run with a young team who can only get better. I'll be happy to finish eigth this season and build for next.

Utt

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Agreed, the game called out for a Greening type player in midfield. I thought we were quite naive in midfield. Desperately need some experience in cm. Too nice as well, only 1 yellow!

7. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

We've had this coming for weeks. Same as usual for City today, except this time we didn't escape with any points.

8. kitchy10

kitchy10 Member

We lost to the better team, simple really. Nothing much to moan about. We are an average championship team which is quite an achievement considering the amount of players that have come in and out. Play offs will be too much this season, but I have no doubt that NP and team have the right sort of players identified for the summer to make us into a much stronger and stable outfit next year.

The 3 up top didn't work too well today, at times they all made the same runs and got in each other's way. Thought Mclean was unlucky to be the one brought off. I don't mind 433 but don't think it can particularly work with them 3 up top, and yes Harper was fairly annonymous.

9. e18

e18 Member

Think 4 4 2 would of shored the midfield up more. Cardiff are too good a side to give a lot of ball to. They showed us to be an inexperienced side which I guess we are. They where a big side( Bellamy aside ) who knew their game plan.

Hope we learn from this. You cant win them all and lets hope we bounce back. Harper frustrates the hell out of me.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Funniest comment of the day(on Blunderside after the game):

Harper needs three pain killing injections before every game.

I need three pain killing injections before I can watch him play.

11. islandtiger

islandtiger Member

the better team at diving---to me it was obvious they came for a point and were hoping to pinch 3 with a break away

12. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Although disappointed with the result, I think the better team won on the day. They just had a little bit more nowse then us, especially in the midfield areas. I think Gerrard got injured (twisted ankle I think it is) in the first minute when he had a coming together with Boothroyd, he was hobbling from then on and it obviously effected his performance, hence why he was subbed at halftime. The two goals was a lack of understanding at the back with the new lad Hobbs in there, the second I`m afraid shouldn`t have been scored, Guzan shouldn`t have been beaten from there at his near post. We mustn`t forget though that we`re a team still jelling and in transition, I for one didnt expect anything out of todays game, but in parts the boys did all right. Still think we`re a couple of players short, and I think the loss of Stewart who had been putting defences on the back foot with his pace is telling.

13. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Never seen a player cheat as much as Chopra - although post match comments suggest one was a pen. If we're going to play 433, we need someone special in the centre of the middle 3 - we've got Harper... How does he manage to stay away from nearly every single bouncing ball for 90 minutes, but sprint into an offside position to block a goalbound effort from Koren in the first half ??! He is abysmal.

14. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

A defeat at home to Cardiff is no disgrace. It will be home defeats to Scunthorpe and Sheffield Utd that will seem the odd ones out when the season is over. I get the feeling that this is going to be a nearly season.

I am happy with were we are and think that there is every chance that next season, we will see a solid season. If so, all things are possible.

Come on City, onwards and upwards.

Keep the faith.

15. prideofyorkshire

A month or so ago i would have been delirious with where we are now, but given the run of form we are on i can't help but be disapointed. Still, onwards and upwards. Aslong as somebody knocks Leeds out of that 6th place spot that's fine by me :)

16. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

By the look off today, the white ****e will knock themselves of 6th spot!!

17. prideofyorkshire

If we managed to nick that 6th spot off them i think i'd be more chuffed about that than actually making it to the playoffs haha

18. Dean24

Dean24 Member

We need Jimmy back.

19. adamisme

adamisme Member

disappointed with today, but Cardiff took their chances and fair play to them, hopefully we can start again next week against Forest

20. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

your starting to go the way of twf'y, Dean!!!!