1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huddersfield thoughts

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Apr 4, 2015.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Nice post Nuggets but I don't believe we would need to add all the players you suggest in order to play possession football. The ones we have need to be told to control the ball more instead of being encouraged to hoof it long. Not everything is solved by replacing players, just coach them to play differently.

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, Bart's distribution isn't great, Tommy Smith is definitely not a composed centre-back, and Luke Chambers is often caught out in possession (granted he's playing in an unfamiliar position). Regardless of who's in the dugout come summer, we need a goalkeeper and a right-back. If a new man with a new mentality is coming in, then I'd argue we'd need to get rid of Smith and bring in a more assured centre-back.

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

So it's ok to play players out of their position now is it........come on Spanish show some consistency........

Only joking........<cheers>.....how's the diet going?.

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

But I concede that coaching players differently will improve them, but I refuse to believe Tommy Smith (for example) isn't being taught how to remain composed on the ball.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I beg to differ, he's uncomfortable on the right side of central defence and is forced to hoof it with his poor foot. He plays much better in Berra's position.

Guru of Ipswich likes this.
  6. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Bloody hard mate, especially when the sun is shining, and you sit outside and relax after a mornings work!! Normally it would be a beer or fino with some cheese, jamon and breadsticks, now a fizzy water and a ham sandwich without butter!! Pfffff!!

7. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I've been on a diet since the new year.....fell of the wagon the last few weeks though, I was hoping it would get a bit easier in the summer....:emoticon-0107-sweat