1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Howe and KIlby must GO!

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by jbclaret83, Nov 22, 2011.

1. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

After another defeat at Birmingham our 4th on the bounce which leaves The Clarets just TWO points above the drop zone our we now paying the price for Barry Kilbys 18 months of missmanagement, duff manager appiontments and being too like scrooge when it come to the transfer kitty. My answer is YES WE ARE. Both KILBY and FLOOD along with HOWE and TINDALL all need to go. Burnley FC needs a new fresh direction and lots of investment. And Billy Davies should be HOWES replacement if and when he does get fired which i dont think will be long in comming.

2. Claretwobbie

Claretwobbie New Member

All well and good firing everyone, and an easy option, but the big question is always who will replace them?

When Howe and Tindall came in, everyone viewed it as an exciting appointment, and that for me still stands, and I will explain.

Howe didn't work his magic at Bournemouth overnight, he took him a couple of Season's to get them where they were when he left them.

The fault lies at Laws door, he can't manage to save his life and brought in absolute carp. The Club made a very bad decision, and we all know that.

When EH/JT came in, they were left with an ageing Squad, which in my humble opinion, weren't going to get us back into the Play-off positions. EH had to sweep out the old and came in with a younger Squad with an average age of 23. And sometimes it takes time to gel. Rome wasn't built in a day, but instant success is what fan's demand these days, and the 2 do not go compliment each other, somtimes its better to take time and build a Team that will storm the League next Season.

Take Blackpool, yes, first Season back, and they are pushing to go back immediately, spend an awful lot of money on wages with the size of the Squad, and if they don't make it, they will be in free-fall !!!

Getting rid of EH now is completely stupid in my eyes, give the man a chance, its not like we're rock bottom with no hope !! 2wins and we're back in with a shout of the Play-off's, thats how tight this League is.

The last 2 games we could have had 4 points but lapses in concentration have cost us, and some times its the player's who have to stand up and be counted. The Leeds game we were so comfortable, with no threat, that it was a major surprise that we actually got beat !!!

EH was the Manager we wanted and to sack him after "his" first 17 games, with probably a Squad that he's missed out on 1 or 2 player's in the Transfer Market is unbelievable. Look at OC now at Bolton, he's hit a real sticky patch, but it makes no sense to sack someone, when he hasn't really been given a fair crack at it.

Austin and Jay Rod combined are up there in top 3 pairing for goalscorer's for this League, if we weren't scoring, then I would be worried. And Mr Amogou, seems to have been an unsettling influence, spits his dummy out all the time, but because we have a small ish Squad, its not like you can just throw him in the Reserves. McCann has come back, and he isn't the same player before his injury, Ings has never played, Paterson is a big loss, and once we get them all back we have, things will change.

I have faith in EH/JT, given time, I think they will have us playing the beautiful Game the way it should be played. But like I stated earlier, its easy to sack them, but a lot harder to replace, and Davies is not someone who would even be in my top 100 replacement's. Look at SAF at United, he took time to get it right, and look at the rewards that they have achieved.

Give EH the time and keep the faith. UTC

3. Pompey_London

Pompey_London Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, Pompey Fan in Peace !!

When Steve Cotterill left us for Nottingham Forest, everyone on the Portsmouth Boards wanted Eddie Howe to replace him. He is a class manager- you are very lucky to have him. Gotta be one of the brightest prospects in the Championship, manager wise. With your recent run of results- why turn against him ??

Good Luck for the rest of the Season, apart from this week-end !! <ok>

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate