1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How shall I waste my day ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Nov 19, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

1. Getting up early to get ready to travel to Walsall to watch Gills - hoping not to freeze my crown jewels or get soaked.
    Returning home late ( and probably miserable after another 'sparkling' performance - a-la-Brackley ) - and many £ lighter, having consumed a rubbish pie (all pastry) or horseburger

Here's what I could be doing

2. Having a lay in. At mid day watch Man Utd v Arsenal, followed by a dose of Barcelona at 3.15. Their match would be over just in time for Spurs v West Ham ( whilst Mrs alwaysrright serves up a delicious spagbol ), - followed up by the Madrid derby and Match of the Day.

In fact - as I've a strong bladder, I could do all of No.2 without having to get out of bed - except for a long hot shower - and Mrs alwaysright could ensure that no part of me has to freeze.

How do you get Gills out of your blood ?

grumpygit likes this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I'm not really sure how you get Gills out of your blood, but Jed is certainly trying hard to find a way.

alwaysright likes this.
  3. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Fan, short for fanatic. Modern Latin ' Fanaticus' - "Insanely but divinely inspired" - Marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense and uncritical devotion.
    Well, maybe not the latter. UTG Lads!

4. alwaysright

Well it wasn't a total waste of a day.
    Gills played well in the first half - which was competitive. Gills were soooo much better than at Brackley - but then in the 2nd half we started off sitting too deep - and stayed that way. We became disjointed and disorganised. We gave Walsall so much room and time on the ball. We failed to cut out many crosses. Konchesky had a particularly poor game in the second half.
    In that 2nd half, Gills had only one shot on goal - and it counted ! In truth, if I was a Walsall fan I would feel as if we'd been robbed - Gills got lucky - perhaps the efforts of the fist half deserved something from the game - and if we play with the effort shown before half time, there would be no need for fans to go to games with banners demanding " JED OUT "

5. alwaysright

much more important than mere football
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-38044276

For any Gills fan who think they might know what misery is like as we undergo performances and results that do not make us happy - you know nothing !

I cannot begin to imagine the grief being experienced by the family. Mere football results have absolutely NO significance compared with their heartache. I find it impossible to know what words can be used to bring any comfort to the little girl's parents. I would gladly trade relegation for the Gills if it could have avoided the agony for Jessica and her family.
    <peacedove> R.I.P. Jessica