1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How much time do we need.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Charley Farley, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I think it commands a day a candidate myself. The facilities need to be viewed, the candidates need to sell themselves, we need to sell the club. With a bit of luck the right man will strike some positive rapport, after all, working relationship with Bain and Short is going to be half the battle for any gaffer.

That would probably point to the Jock but I don't think short fancies spending. Just a hunch but I think it will be between Pearson and Monk. Best of the out of work, which ever one of them nails it will get it. I'll take either if I'm honest.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

I've got a tenner on Pearson at 8/1 too.

3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

That's what I said mate. They'll be interviewing a different candidate every day. I think 3 or 4 will be interviewed so by Wednesday or Thursday it should be done and dusted. I'd expect an appointment very shortly after. Maybe even just a day or 2.

I don't like Monk. I just see his style of play very similar to Poyet's and I couldn't be ****ed sitting through that football again.

Pearson has a lot of questions marks to his name, especially the way he's left his last two jobs.

Whoever we get I can't see myself being excited, but I also realise it's the position we are in and this is the standard we now have to look at.

I've put £50 on McInnes. I'm still convinced it's him coming.

4. Brian Storm

I know you did mate. I was just adding to it that it needs a day where as folk in a hurry may want us to see a couple a day.

I still want Pearson most tbh. Not sure it forgone on McInnes like, I think Short may feel more confident in his own decision making. Anyway. I'm hitting the hay. Night mate. :)

5. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Night fella

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I would have thought that Baines and Short would have had some sort of contingency in place in the event that DM did a runner? and would have some idea of who they wanted to replace him. It looks like we are being reactive as opposed to proactive yet again.

7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh I agree

8. Brian Storm

Speaking to safc.com, Martin Bain explained that preparations for the new season are well underway.

“Preparations for the new season are progressing well and our full plans for pre-season are close to being finalised.

“The first team and the under 23s will spend a week together in Austria, which signals a much more joined up approach to the pre-season preparations.”

He added: "It is something that the club hasn’t done previously, so it will give the young players a great opportunity to train alongside their senior counterparts and experience the intensity required at first-team level."

And the chief executive also moved to assure supporters that the club is working hard behind the scenes to secure the services of a new manager.

“The recruitment process is ongoing.

“Pre-season is an important period at any football club so naturally we are keen to conclude things as quickly as possible, whilst being mindful of the need to make the right appointment."

A further series of domestic friendly games are set to be confirmed in the coming days, including a showpiece game at the Stadium of Light to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

C19RK73 and Nacho like this.
  9. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

Bri, I like the bit about the first team and the under 23's training together to give the young players experience.
    If only the first team went they wouldn't be able to get a 5 a side game going, they need the under 23's to get a full team.

About the new manager.
    Why don't they phone someone like Niall Quinn to ask for his advice on a new manager.
    I think he would give honest advice, he knows our situation and is up to date with current football situations.
    Better that than the chuckle brothers picking a new manager. Short and Bain aren't proper footy men.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  10. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you're wrong mate, but that would be like admitting they're both clueless. Plus, haven't they got DM and Walter Smith doing this?

11. Brian Storm

Think we're beyond the advise stage on managers. Shortlist complete and interviews are on the way.

Makes sense to merge the kids given they'll only be about 10 first team players left <laugh>

12. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Good to see Bain actively involved and organising despite the obvious lack of manager.

Will he also be negotiating on the transfer front? I'd guess he's go the feelers out there already, but would need rubber stamped by the new man?

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

When that useless jock went, was he alone or did anyone else go?

14. Jack TheLad

To be fair I believe he came in almost alone - that's why Bracewell and Stockdale etc stayed put, I think he pretty much went alone as well.

Fully expecting the new manager to bring their own backroom staff.

salad fingers likes this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

This is kinda what i was getting at.

Wtf does bracewell do?

16. Jack TheLad

Not entirely sure, he and Moyes were like two peas in a pod last season IMO, hardly inspiring characters at all, it was always Stockdale on the touchline barking orders and ordering the lads around.