1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How many points can Saints comfortably afford to drop?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Singing Blue 3, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

I did actually say it was a nightmare scenario, although sadly quite probable. You can only really bottle it yourselves, we will see soon enough though starting Saturday.

I four one would be stunned though if you contrived to fail to get three points of the awful Owls! :emoticon-0116-evilg

2. Singing Blue 3

ODB I may be reformed, but I am not ready for the blokes with white coats and straight jackets quite yet!<laugh>

3. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

Singing Red 3,

its only a matter of time! :emoticon-0107-sweat

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Sadly as a longtime Saints fan, I wouldn't be stunned if we lost to Wednesday. If we can be made to suffer until the last day of the season, Saints will do it.

5. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Could not agree more. As a team I think that Sheffield Wednesday will be similar to Plymouth Argyle, and that tomorrows' game will be similar to that terrible one (I alarmed many spanish locals, escpecially the bar maids that had taken a liking to me, as I jumped up in a bar in Majorca, San Miguel in hand and shouting "**** **** ******** ********************* ***" at full time of the opening day). Let's see how resilient Saints have become, there is a lot of pressure on this game.

6. Singing Blue 3

You actually do have something of a hoodoo with the SKY TV don't you Saints. I wonder if the Owls surprise you, Milan is apparently going to punch every Wednesday player in the face in the tunnel before they go onto the pitch, to ensure they know how much these sort of matches and a lost chance of promotion are costing him (about £6mn), thats about £500,000 per punch in the face I reckon! <laugh>

7. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Eight to nine points maximum. Too much can happen between now and May 4th. If we are in the play-offs instead, at least the final is very near to my birthday...which would be terrible.

8. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Doh... see what happens when you awaken the sleepy head....

If we are to ensure an automatic place, then we must break the Sky hoodoo, thats for sure (now where have I heard that phrase before, ah yes, old Arry Bluekrap). Thats another reason for turning over Mandrics men tomorrow, payback time for him giving us Old Arry!!!

I must admit SR3, I do prefer your sensible speak, when you're talking in your sleep........

Time to go to sssssleep...... you're getting tired.... you're eeeyes are getting heeeeeeeavy......:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep

9. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

I think we need 9 wins plus a draw to be safe - couldn't possibly say where they'll come from because knowing Saints, we'll do it the hard way and drop points where we thought we'd win comfortably and steal a few lucky ones too.