1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How many of the current Prem

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, Feb 13, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Used to go to Forest often when I lived in Nottingham, always had a really good time.
    Been to both the East Anglia dumps and to the derby twice, one at each ground. That was an experience.
    Swansea and Cardiff done.

So other than Anfield none of the current PL ground.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Had an offer of tickets from a piling contractor for the Swansea game.

Was going to take my son but after all the **** at the start of the season decided not to bother. Not sure if the offer is still there, I didn't finish the job they were on so haven't spoken to them in months.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I think in general most fans around Europe offer a much more vocal support than us in England and I'd say a massive part of that is down to the pricing of games. Football is still very much a working class sport in most countries, while in England it seems that year on year the prices rise to the point where your typical working class man and woman can only afford to go to a handful of games a season and are therefore replaced by middle class toffs or tourists who sit there, don't sing and then boo their team when things don't go to plan. Thankfully I can afford my season ticket which costs just under £800 without too many implications (one or two weekends spent in doors after payment is taken <laugh>) but when considering you can buy one at Bayern or Dortmund for less than £100, let alone in Eastern European countries, it's beyond a joke at how much we're charged.

Libby and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Been to most grounds over the years. Best atmosphere by a mile is Anfield. Been there 5 times and it's always hostile as ****.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Done loads of grounds ... most of the major ones including the previous prem grounds like Roker Park, Ayresome Park, Highbury, Maine Road, the Victoria ground etc but also a lot of one-offs in the cups .... Exeter, Lincoln, Hereford, Walsall, Oldham, Oxford ....

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Get this footy ****e of this board <laugh>

Any trouble at grounds?

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, went to Boro for Div 1 play off in 88. Boro fans always good value.

Bernie Slaven scored twice.

Got home 6am, went to school.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Rough as **** in 80s. Remember going raving in Quadrant Park and just surviving the night.

Coppers all over us too

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yeah, as much as I hate the c***s, they know how to create an atmosphere. As you say, it was rough as rats back then.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Went on Valentines day back in around 1980 or 81 ... told my girlfriend from Uni that we were going on a surprise trip as a Valentine's day treat then got on a football special to Sunderland ... good job she had a cracking sense of humour.

Lost 1-0 ... thing I remeber most was that you money grabbing bastards charged more for the away fans to stand than the home end ... some Leicester fans didn't have enough dosh to get in and there were a few whip rounds ... old bill let a load in after kick-off who didn't have the admission money, presumably because they didn't want them wandering off around the houses ... funny how things like that stick in your mnd.

In the interestrs of balance ... a few passing Sunderland fans also chipped in to help the Leicester fans out ... they seemed embarrassed by the club's policy tbf <ok>