1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long would you give Powell this season ?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Aug 26, 2013.

1. CAFC TED

CAFC TED Well-Known Member

We play some dodgy football at the moment, Tony Pulis is a different level that is horrible horrible football that is ugly and just no, we have few fans as it is turning up but to watch that. And people complain we lump it to Kermit and the Pig what do you expect under Pulis?

2. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

One win in ten is a sacking offence. It could have been worse without the Donny abandonment.

The players are good enough to keep us up. Powell isn't. He messed up the striker situation and must pay with his job.

It pains me to say it, but now is the time to stop the rot.

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The players who are injured are the ones we miss the most. Our squad is pretty big, but is thin on quality. If things don't pick up when Kermit, Jacko and Solly are back we're sunk. Kermit and Jacko should be back after the break and Solly 2 or 3 weeks later. I didn't think the team lacked effort yesterday, just quality up front. A minority view I know, but I thought Sordell put in a shift to the best of his ability, which isn't very much, admittedly.
    Weren't Solly, Kermit and Jacko the top 3 in POTY for the last 2 seasons?

4. CAFC TED

Stop the rot all you want, but not with Tony Pulis he is a horrible manager imo and I don't like his idea that he can never admit he's the 2nd best team, like the MK Dons boss, can never accept he got out played

5. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Well said - I do not think it is a minority view just certain poster post the same thing several times a day.

I also think that we change managers at our peril, the unsettling effect of a tony pukis on the team that did not play much hoof ball (hamer excepted) yesterday would be disastrous, so much so that the new manager would be forced to spend money we don't have and we would end up broke, in breach of the ffp rules and relegated anyway.

I saw commitment from a lot of players yesterday (sod all excepted) and with either of Yann or Jacko in the squad we could have won that. I didn't agree with all of CP's tactics or squad choice yesterday but we kept our first clean sheet in nearly a year and there were definitely positives. Let' see where we are at the end of December, when we have our major assets back contributing to the business rather than running just to break even.

6. Ponders Revisited

With Solly, Kermit and Jacko all playing, we will still struggle with a manager who has no Plan B.

If we wait until Christmas, we will be doomed.

Being happy with a clean sheet is a sign of just how low our expectations have fallen.

Blackpool were awful, and so were we.

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Survival this season.

8. User deleted as requested

Not just me mate. Ask the 2,500 Charlton fans who have stopped going since last season. Presumably they were not too impressed by CPs version of Total Football either. Get your rosé tinted specs off and at least accept that the punters are voting with their feet. They don't like the ugly boring goal free football CPs team serves up.

CP has run out of ideas with these players.

9. chingford addick

I Have only been once this season and that doesnt mean I have abandoned CP but with no forwards at the club he has no chance to build a successful run.We should treat VOV like a spoilt child making a noise and just ignore him.

10. CAFC TED

With pretty much the same tactics we use now of LAUNCH IT FORWARD TO A BIG MAN! oh wait, it didnt work and came back, same again.

We will play the exact same under Pulis as we do Powell and neither will get results.

11. User deleted as requested

Ignore me by all means, but unlike you I actually go every week :emoticon-0106-cryin

12. User deleted as requested

We are playing horrible football NOW Ted, under CP. Blackpool was like watching paint dry. Why do you think our crowds are down again this season. People are voting with their feet.

13. CAFC TED

That's my point, we're playing horrible football under Powell at the moment, but it is the exact same football we would be playing under Tony Pulis too, so why would he change anything?

14. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Under Pulis we'd have a big man to launch it forward to. The idea that he might come to us is unrealistic. He's been on Premier League wages for years, and I can't see the point in bringing up his name, unless it's to use him as a rod for CP's back.

15. User deleted as requested

I think he could re-motivate , or squeeze a bit extra, out of this existing group of players.

16. Scratchingvalleycat

Spelling mistake there mate. He could definitely de-motivate this group of players like he did with most of squads at Stoke who wanted to play football. Next you are going to suggest that he would bring Crouch with him to provide that big target man up front........
    On Saturday we didn't hoof it up front we tried to play football there were less periods of head tennis than before. We didn't have the finish but we certainly tried to play.

If the two weeks international break are spent making Sodall stop drinking power shakes and get himself fit to run a few miles during a game then it will be well spent. If we can get Piggott over the trauma of being booed off the field after the Millwall match it might be two weeks well spent. If we can bring Kermorgant and Jackson back only when they are properly fit it will be well spent.

I am obviously not as qualified as some on here profess to be at football management or team ownership but I saw something to give me hope of a better October and November.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Most match reports make note of Blackpool playing the long ball game up to Fuller. It made a difference seeing someone other than us doing that at The Valley.

18. Ponders Revisited

Awful comment, CA.

Do you honestly think posters should ignore Vol because he disagrees with your view?

Do you want a forum where everyone tows the same line?

An apology is in order, methinks.

19. User deleted as requested

You have been looking at Sordell's Twitter page, then <confused>

How much do you reckon he is getting paid to flog those power shakes...

20. Scratchingvalleycat

May have glanced at it in horror. He confuses muscle with fitness and the size of his triceps with stamina. Stewart and Piggott may not have the £3m price tag but both would out pace him over 100 metres and outlast him over 3,000 metres. All they need to do is learn how to get on the end of a Cousins through ball (can't believe that Piggott has forgotten that).

There was a term used when I was younger that someone was "muscle bound" - that usually meant in the head!