1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long does it take to appoint a new manager?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by The Exiled Robin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. The Exiled Robin

2. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Good article (again) and from my point of view, I am not bothered about getting a big name - in fact, I would rather we got a relative unknown who became a big name, dragging us with him in the process, ala Lambert at Norwich.

There is absolutely no doubt that it is his drive, desire and vision that have got Norwich to where they are now and to their credit, the board saw what he had done at Colchester on a shoestring, surmised what he was capable of and took a chance on him (although to my mind, it wasn't really much of a chance) however he must have far exceeded even their expectations... I expect when they said this is the man to get us back in the Prem, they thought maybe in 3-5 years...

This is what I want here and I have absolutely no problem with the board taking their time to "get the right man" but of course the only tangible proof of this will be in 12, 24, 36 months, etc - we could hire Mouriniho and it might still not work. All you could say is that this would considerably improve our chances...!

I believe that SL may be planning one last assault on the transfer market before the Financial Fair Play Rules kick in properly and to do this, he obviously wants to make sure he has the right man in place to spend his money which is fine by me...

All IMHO of course,...

3. bcfcinsydney

bcfcinsydney Member

BCFC can take as long as they need in my opinion - as the old recruitment saying goes, "recruit in haste, repent at your leisure". Whats the point in rushing a decision? Its not as if we have any room to move if the next appointment is a disaster.

4. The Exiled Robin

Cheers Prem - interesting you both agree with the time being taken, similar vein on OTIB responses as well. Majority of Twitter users are winding each other up over it and getting irate, hence where the article came from.

Maybe those that disagree are just to busy slating the board to bother to comment on this post?

5. TigerReece

TigerReece Member

You have to make sure you get the right Guy this time :)

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

It's 8 days since KEEF threw in the towel....red and white one, and 8 days is not long, It could take a month and that would be fine, we have a few of easy games coming up so 11 more points by mid November should keep us in touch...even KEEF SHOULD HAVE MANAGED THAT...........

7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He never threw the towel in, he was sacked!

its well documented!

8. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

Another good blog 77, spot on <ok>

Aint the internet wonderful?

9. The Exiled Robin

Cheers Natch, good to see the old sensible faithfuls (you, JG, Prem) from 606 are still holding their nerve!