1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Really have to agree with you there K E M P, as I was hoping we'd see how JM could use his skills to see passes which would bypass clogged defences, but AN in his wisdom(???) has decided otherwise. I'm still awaiting his thoughts on why he decided to go back on his statement and let him go on loan, but 'I'm not holding my breath' on ever getting an answer!! <doh>

At least he's gone to a decent Scottish team <whistle>

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I'm very keen on Maddison, but would you really drop AMs like Wes and Pritchard for a 19 year old who has never yet played in the Championship? His time will come, but it'll come much sooner once he gets 6 months experience in the SPL. You only need to look at the Murphys to see what a loan can do to bring players on. Staying here and playing occasional games in the EFL Cup or EFL Trophy won't develop him as a player but playing 6 months in the SPL will, which is why he's so pleased to get the chance.

NCFC Dorset Branch and JM Fan like this.
  3. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Thing is Rick he gives you options.

Wes has games when it's like he isn't even on the pitch, seems to go through patches of this from time to time. Pritchard? Who knows? Probably isn't match fit and never seen him in yellow and green.

I've seen Maddison in all the games he has played in so far and I know it's at a different level and all that but the boy is a huge talent. He is a game changer for me and one that if you were to bring on as an impact sub can get us going.

I see your point though but I don't agree with it.

4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I accept if you just look at the table then things don't appear to be too bad and as an outsider you would think that some of us on here are being over negative, however. if you look in any detail at our performances and the trend that appears to be developing, then things are not so positive. We are current 3 points off any automatic promotion spot and 4 off a relegation spot.

Blackburn 1 - 4 = A good win against a very poor team who even still managed to score against us. Played attacking football. Looked like we had learnt from last year and played the way AN said we were going to play at the start of the season

Sheffield Wed 0 - 0 = First home game Sheff W set up not to lose and we failed to break them down. We went for it but failed to score. Sheff Wed also had some good chances and managed more possession than us and more shots on target. Last season we would have lost this type of game, so it looked like we had learnt from last season.

Bristol City 1 - 0 = Second home game. Bristol like most teams will do this season set up not to lose and hope to catch us out on the counter (the way almost every team will set up against us at home). We just managed to break them down and had more possession and shots both on & of target.

Ipswich 1 - 1 = We clearly set up not to lose and didn't. But our performance was poor and AN came out with what appears to be his favorite excuse at the moment 'we didn't move the ball quick enough'. The game reminded many of us of how we approached games last season. Yes we had more possession and could have won it when Whittaker's shot hit the post, however equally Ipswich performance by Chris Sutton's summary was "Ipswich shaded the game. Norwich hit the post through Whittaker but didn't do enough in forward areas. "Ipswich had more energy, they were more direct. Performance reminiscient of last season.

Birmingham 3 - 0 = We got thumped by a team we should be beating if we want automatic promotion from this division, despite having 2 thirds of the possession, more shots and more shots on target. AN said 'The first goal was a cross which should have been dealt with while the second was a penalty which was unnecessary and the third was a loose pass which was a common theme in our play. "The game ranks as one of the poorest since I've been at the club, without question. I do not think we competed. "It was a shock to watch that performance and for some of the players it was the poorest I have seen them play, which was disappointing." Almost like a PL performance last year, but worse against poorer opposition. Can't score, Can't defend, Can't pass, what can we do ?

So if we're looking at trends we started well and have gone downhill rapidly since

5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tweet from BBC radio Norfolk: shame no time stipulated.

We will be bringing you an interview with #ncfc Chief Executive
    Jez Moxey later this afternoon. Stay tuned.

6. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Who ?

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

May be best if you nip across to the Wolves forum, they'll have memories - though a little hazy and distant ;)

8. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I was going to retweet The General and ask "Have we got a CEO yet ?"

9. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Maddison says about his move up north.

“I would like to think I am an attacking midfielder who can bring creativeness to the team, bring assists and goals and an attacking threat,” he said. “I like to play in the number 10 shirt but am also happy to play off a side or a bit deeper if I am needed. I am a player who likes to get fans off their seats. I like to bring some attacking flair to the team.”

Why oh why did we let him go.

KIO, carrowcanario and JM Fan like this.
  10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes AN - WHY????

I'm hoping he is only there till January and I've a feeling he could turn out to be our next Huckerby!!!! <ok>

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

We let him go to the SPL for 6 months to gain matchday experience he wouldn't get here. Maddison is most definitely a talented player, but he needs expereince at a level above League One and Aberdeen will give him that. Hopefully, as with the Murphys, he'll return to us in January older and wiser with the potential to push on, which, IMO, he wouldn't get here playing in the U23s. A year ago, we were wondering if the Murphys would ever make it and now they are important members of the squad and getting game time. Their loans made that possible. That's why we let Maddison go and why he has welcomed the opportunity. Both he and City will gain from it.

12. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

Couldn't agree more. We haven't "let him go" as though we've sold him for a deep fried Mars bar and half a gallon of North Sea oil, we've decided to send him out on loan to get valuable first team experience at a comparable level to the Championship. That will help his development towards becoming, hopefully, the replacement for Hoolahan that we've been searching for for several years.

canary-dave likes this.
  13. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to find two of you singing from the same Hymn sheet as I am! <cheers>

NCFC Dorset Branch likes this.
  14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Now that I've calmed down after the shambles of Wednesday night, I can see that what both RER and NCFC Dorset Branch are saying makes perfect sense with regards to JM's ongoing development and he has gone on loan to quite a reasonable team (they pushed Celtic quite hard for the SPL title for a while last season). If his development goes well, I can see him being an upgrade on Hoolahoops and of course he had the benefit of playing alongside Jacob last season.

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

RiverEndRick likes this.
  16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I think KIO is secretly in love with Delia, he's just in denial!

<laugh> :emoticon-0109-kiss:

JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.
  17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I think this says it all about this Poxy Moxey bloke we now have at the helm and it's pretty obvious why the bloody Stowmarket Two gave him the job <doh>

Delia - OUT !
    Wyn Jones -OUT !
    Moxey - OUT !
    Balls - OUT !
    AN - OUT !
    Scottish Mafia - OUT !

<grr>

18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Dave, my disdain for that bloody woman is immense

JM Fan likes this.
  19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I get the message LOUD and CLEAR KIO - calm down dear and enjoy the sunshine!!!! <laugh>

20. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Balls out KIO!