1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Right! AN is full of Sh*t!

Not only has he not learned from any mistakes. Saying all pre-season that these young prospects will get the chance to establish themselves in a Norwich shirt.

We don't have a fit LB, and we loan out Toffolo.

Maddison was bid for by Spurs and Liverpool, he looks amazing every time he plays, and he's out on loan today as well!?

On top of that! No-one's coming in!?

We have about 3 1/2 hours to sign a CB, a LB, and 1 or 2 strikers!!

When we have signed about 2 players in this 3 month window so far!

.....WHAT THE F IS HAPPENING!?!

carrowcanario, KIO and K E M P like this.
  2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

As much as I think AN has lost it, I think the problem is much higher up and I've said so for many months. Until we have new owners we're going nowhere, <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

I know, I know KIO. Delia is putting the contracts faxed through into the shredder! :emoticon-0110-tongu

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That was bad enough but to hear that he's now also gone back on his word re loaning out Maddison - 'that's the last straw"""'

5. Forgot_My_Lines

My blood is boiling.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

As DC once said - "calm down dear!!"

7. Forgot_My_Lines

You feeling pretty good? I want what you have taken!

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm just accepting that our manager/scouts/board couldn't sign a decent player if they tried.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last decent signing we had was Gtrant Holt and he was signed by Bryan Gunn and all because a lot of fans didn't take their £70 rebate for going down to league 1

KIO likes this.
  9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Things are certainly hotting up on here! Some are willing for Naismith to leave on a free transfer, 'just to get rid'. Others assert that AN 'said' Maddison wouldn't go out on loan. Could it be that was before we switched from McCormack (the 'goal machine' who so far has scored once in six games for Villa) to Pritchard. Maddison has performed well against League One opposition, but the Championship is a big step up from that. The reality is that Maddison at 19 has Wes, Naismith and Pritchard ahead of him for that number 10 spot. His chances of games other than the EFL Cup or EFL trophy are limited, so perhaps it makes sense for him to go out on loan to the SPL to develop his skills.

At the beginning of the window all the emphasis was on keeping Klose after Redmond moved on for a respectable £11m. That allowed us to bring in Canos, Pritchard, McGovern and Jones, which pleased most of us at the time. Most, like myself, thought Brady would move on but the club played hardball and it seems to have worked. Instead of having to replace Klose and Brady, we've had unexpected continuity going into this season. Compare that to Villa, whose manager is pleading for time for the new players to gel (McCormack included). Is it worth pointing out that they are 3 points behind us? So, while it hasn't been an exciting window, we have added Canos, Pritchard, McGovern, Jones and Oliveira against the loss of Redmond, Mbokani, O'Neil, Kean, RvW and Odjidja-Ofoe. My feeling is that the squad is stronger for that, but time will tell.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    JM Fan and NCFC Dorset Branch like this.
  10. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Balls is too busy with strictly.

JM Fan likes this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Anything other than 6 points at home to Cardiff and Wigan in the next two games will turn the fans I fear.
    Now Alex Neil has blown his undefeated away in the Championship record he's fast becoming another frustrating stubborn plays his favourites even out of position tactical clown.
    Naismith up front with Lafferty on the bench was ridiculous , he proved that Lafferty won't get time even if he's the only fit forward and Naismith can play poorly every game but guaranteed a start .
    The veneer is wearing off and he just looks like a grumpy Scotsman folding his arms in a tracksuit.

ncgandy and JM Fan like this.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

How pissed off must Neil be this morning though? He has no doubt had assurances about signing more players and hasn't got them. He maybe daft for playing Naismith up top but if he hadn't been assured he would be further backed he wouldn't have suggested more to come to the press.
    So he now faces another season where he has been let down by the board, for me it makes it that little bit harder to judge him.
    That said he still has one of the best squads in the division, Si anything less than 6th at Xmas and it maybe time to relieve him of control.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Money Balls and our crack teat of headhunters can **** off too.<grr>

JM Fan likes this.
  14. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

You can get ointment for cracked teats! <ok>

15. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And if you're lucky, somebody on here might offer to administer it for you <yikes> :emoticon-0109-kiss:

ncgandy likes this.
  16. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Maybe AN and the way the team sets up to play is the reason why players don't want to join. Maybe players are happy with the position they currently play in and don't want to com to us and play out of position.

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Exactly carrow - I said something similar this morning.

18. Cruyff's Turn.

Cruyff's Turn. Active Member

We currently sit three points off second spot and one off the top six. We have lost one away game having only played two of our five at home. It's not time to panic yet.

NCFC Dorset Branch likes this.
  19. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

I'm not all that upset that we haven't signed anyone, although I think we needed to.

It's the loan out of Maddison and even Toffolo to a degree I don't understand. Especially Maddison though.

I think the board and AN will regret that decision.

20. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

I've heard some people say stuff like "he is too lightweight for the Championship" etc.....

The thing that sets the good teams apart from the cloggers in this division are the quality players like Wes for example and Maddison.

Raising above the hoofing and playing a fast paced passing game which pull defenses around is the way out of this division.

Letting Maddison go makes no sense whatsoever.

There are better cloggers than us in this division and if we decide to take them on at their own game there will only be 1 result.