1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How I feel about everything - said I would speak after 11 games.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

After the Huddersfield loss, not studied anything ( had a cracking wedding cheers Spanish, they are all Owls, so what song do you request off the Dj and dance like an idiot to piss the entire room off? Annie's song / John Denver / Sheff Utd's anthem ) :)

Now as you all know I am very much a Mick fan. Quick history - He saved us after Jewell / top 10 / play offs with the worst midfield known to man AND Connor Sammon / fell short due to injuries last term.

This term however, with 11 games played- I am concerned. Not just I am, many are. Now, the injury list we have is ridiculous however you take a gamble having McGoldrick on the books. We've taken Williams in faith - if he can stay fit for 33 games, then it's a gamble well worth taking. But both of these sadly ARE gambles. Leon Best is another gamble. Murphy okay had to go, okay we spent some £££ on Lawrence loan / Williams however.... I think we were all concerned at that moment.

Now defensively we're very good. Bart is playing well, the back 4 of whatever combination is working, Douglas is better in the system and Skuse is providing a shield.

HOWEVER. Going forwards JESUS CHRIST. Slow, ponderous, no idea what the hell to do with the ball. Players hiding, no tempo, just utter utter garbage. Now an entire stadium doesn't chant " boring boring Ipwich " and cheer ironically when Sears has a dig. We don't pay ££££ to see a team so utterly pathetic in the final third.

Mick does have good points but jesus christ even I, a massive Mick advocate am really starting to lose a lot of patience and become very angry by things. If we win games, then whatever if people want to moan I'm not going to. That's just me, result does come before performance to me. I want us to succeed, to win, and that means three points. I LOVE free flowing footy. I loved going under Royle in 04-05. Sure, I knew we weren't always going to win but I loved going to grounds knowing we were going to absolutely BATTER their goal.

What really is doing my head in more than anything this season is the fact he's actually assembled quite an eye catching side! He's added flair, added the likes of Ward / Grant / Lawrence, we have Sears, Bru ( hmm ) Bishop. We have plenty of attacking intent yet Mick seems ridiculously against giving it a go. For heavens sake man we NEED to zip it around more, create holes and be braver. We're very brave defensively and a bloody nuisance to play against however pathetic going forwards and a non threat for the opposition. Take Villa, brings on Luke SODDING Varney and a 35% fit Best, 85 mins, and we absolutely batter them for 13 mins. Coincidence? Of course not. That game was there for the taking and we didn't have any interest in taking it.

I appreciate we're against teams with financial backing - Newcastle. Norwich. Wendy chucking £££ at it. Derby the same ( look at them so far ) need I go on.

However, financial backing or not us going forwards is not acceptable at the minute at all. I will be at Newcastle and Wednesday if anyone would like a pint ( or several in the toon I will be absolutely battered )

So where does that leave us ? Thus far, we're 7 points off with a worse goal difference ( clearly, we can't f ing score in a brothel ) so that's 8. The ONLY hope I currently have is the injured players coming back fit. We need them! The break is at a great point. Will give Bishop / Grant / Best all the chance to tighten up. Lawrence is behind. Others need a break. Williams potentially could get fit for Blackburn - which by hook or crook we HAVE TO take three points. I will continue to have faith over the next 9 games, okay that would take us to 20, however if by then we are further off and playing absolutely dogs poo footy with better players fit I too will have had enough.

So what would my plan be should Mick go? Now realistically, if Steve Bruce was available tomorrow I WOULD sack Mick. Steve Bruce would be an improvement. I don't see that happening, so the man I would target should things continue to be toilet = Step forward Daryl Clark of Bristol Rovers.

He -
    * Has gained successive promotions with a mess of a squad in the conference.
    * United the squad.
    * Doesn't tolerate fools and is loved by players.
    * ALWAYS plays attacking footy home / away.
    * Makes attacking subs and doesn't take forever to react.
    * Takes the game to the opposition.

That's where I'm at folks.

2. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that. Fairly well sums up my thoughts. I'm just not excited by this season at all. The worst thing I was excited. Thought we'd had a good transfer window and scored 4 in first game. But it seems Mick doesn't know how to use the squad he's assembled in the most effective manner

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Have to see what's coming.

I'm excited for Newcastle away anyway. You going Mike?

4. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Being honest I'm Finding it very difficult to get motivated to wait for final score updates let alone travel to games at the moment... Next (and first) game on my calendar is Birmingham