1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How Far We Have Fallen....

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

In all our time in the Premiership was last week's result the low point? At first I thought that it was just one of those days. We were playing a top team and our performances have been poor - it was almost inevitable really. But this article got me thinking and when the media start mocking your team - and with justification - it's time to think that we are now at the lowest point, and not just in the League, since we were promoted. A sad period indeed for our Club, and I for one found this incredibly depressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38201029

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

It's clear our coaching staff haven't a clue how to set this motley crew up effectively, having not one shot on target at White heart lane, was a disgrace that falls on Jinx's shoulders, the Gross neglect in not signing Joe and Bony in the summer has well and truly come back to haunt us, especially after selling Ayew and Ash, and Jinx has the brass balls to spout that it can be fixed with one or two signings in January? This I cannot wait to see, but I agree these are dark days for us, brought on by our own Board room greed..........<ok>

swan_and_only and Kifflom! like this.
  3. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I think that's right, Phil. If the Board are prepared to milk the praise when things go right they have to take the brickbats too. Disgusted at last week's efforts, and the article makes me feel so sad for the Club and the fans - particularly those who travelled.

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Agree, I told my son that I'll pick up a season ticket next season in the Championship, he said "I'm not wasting any money on that football"?..............<laugh>

Kifflom! likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Lets see if we can have a better season in the second half, I cant see it as recruitment is not going to be easy but i live in hope......We are not playing the standard of football required in the premiership and the truth is we have not for a number of seasons and we have been lucky there have been 4 or 5 teams playing the same standard that we managed to just scrape home...This season we look to be the worst club in the premiership and not one of the worst and that is the difference from other seasons and unless we make some drastic changes during this transfer window then we will be heading for Lower league football.....We must do this now while we are still in the premiership because if we fail and go down we will continue to slide down the leagues unable to attract players good enough and end up playing the standard of football we are playing today which is no better than Div 1 and Div 2......We wont come out of this if we bury our heads in the sand like Jenkins who says we need just two players in January......Nothing less than a good shake up from top to bottom will save our season....

Kifflom! likes this.
  6. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Even when we were first promoted to the Premier League and had a run of games without scoring, I was never as worried as I am now. I think it's true, this is the lowest point of this stay in the top flight, I have a sense of dread going into games now, when previously it would be anticipation/excitement. As Kifflom mentioned, I feel sorry for those who travelled to WHL on Saturday, the game has now become a benchmark of outclassed ambitionless rubbish!

7. swanseaandproud

It should not be about the Blame game now it is all about what action we are going to take.....The damage is done so what is the club going to do about it while there is enough time....The clock is ticking.....

8. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

Bradley cannot do much with the players he inherited, no manager can, but he at least could set us up to be organised and difficult to beat.
    We folded so badly, it was dreadful and cost us 5 on the negative column. I don't think goal difference will be a factor this season.

9. swanseaandproud

These teams bellow are all in danger of relegation. We are 6 points behind Boro and that is the good news but the bad news is that only hull have a worst goal difference than us and that is another point to our opponents advantage if we end up on the same points.... These teams has to be wins from now on and they must lose the majority of their games.....It is going to be a nervous time for the rest of the season so the club from top to bottom need to get their act together and give 100% from here on in.....It's far from over as we still have time to turn things around

Middlesbrough 14 -2 15
    Crystal Palace 14 -2 14
    Burnley 14 -11 14
    Leicester 14 -7 13
    West Ham 14 -14 12
    Sunderland 14 -10 11
    Hull 14 -18 11
    Swans 14 -15 9

Kifflom! likes this.
  10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

We've taken a long walk off a short pier of late ...

Kifflom! likes this.

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Bradley can't do much, full stop. There in lies the problem imo.

Kifflom! likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

No that is not the problem valley.....We were on the slide way before Bob was ever thought of.......He is just an easy excuse to use at this time.....I blame poor coaching by Curtis and others but the main culprit's are Jenkins and the Morgan's they are the ones that have run the club down so far that we are left with a side that would struggle in Div 1.......What is Bob to do ? he has tried every combination possible but the squad is so poor that nothing works and will never work no matter if Sir Alex was the manager....

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

But you could argue that the performances v Liverpool and Man City were turning the tide under Guidolin?

What we can all agree on is that we've gone backwards at an alarming rate under Bobby.

14. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

And that's a fact Jack...

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  15. swanseaandproud

Can it be fixed in time to save our season ?

My opinion is YES But for that the Americans need to Spend BIG and i mean BIG.......£20m - £30m wont be enough. We need to spend at the very least if we are to compensate the manager and some of the coaching staff and others £60m - £80m and could even be more if we are to buy some quality player that will want good contracts........The money side of things have gone way out of control but if you want to be successful then that is what you have to spend and i hope the Americans and their consortium can put the money where their Billionaire mouths are and do the right thing.....One good Big spend is needed and the future seasons will be a lot cheaper if well managed.....

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Dai I agree we need to freshen and strengthen the squad but 60 to 80 million ffs , it;s bad now but that amount of money would bankrupt the Club and with that being no guarantee any success what happens if we went down , lower gates , players on high wages we can only bring in a four at most because of squad numbers and then end up paying yet more dead money on non playing players of which we've a squad full of.If the yanks did spent that sort of money where do you think it'll come from , not out of their pockets but loans secured against the Club , doesn't bear thinking about with only Landore and the players as collateral .

17. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Good God, Dai!!! Your grip on reality is seriously deficient. You chuck a bit on money into the Trust and lo and behold you are the font of all knowledge about that... but ably demonstrate your lack of common sense or understanding. And your grip on the Swans funding is similarly deficient. Where the hell is 60-80 million coming from....and how will it be paid back? There are no assets to borrow against so it must come from cashflow or a gift from the owners.... and either is extremely unlikely to transpire.
    Can't get a fix on you as to whether you are a wum or deliberately thick to promote debate..... because no-one can be naturally that dumb.
    The datf thing is that this is my fault because I have now reacted to you and wouldn't like to put you on ignore. Don't really understand how your fellow fans put up with you. Then again, you might be John Hughs in disguise.... there's something to ponder over!!!!

18. swanseaandproud

If we dont spend big then we will go down anyway so you might as well spend big now to at least give us a chance.....It is a drop in the ocean to these Billionaires and their consortium and if they are serious about the club then they need to spend......If not then we will know where we are heading...

19. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Ah a blast from the past John Hughs, does he still post Frankfurter?

20. swanseaandproud

He is Hughes have you not twigged...<laugh>