1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How can you be a mod on this site?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Jan 26, 2011.

1. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Found out that it's short of them here I could help...

Can I still post on the boards If I am a mod?

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I asked the site owner if I could moderate here as I'm an old-timer and quite open-minded, hopefully something will be sorted out soon. It's good to have some moderation but not too much (like 606), nobody wants to see racism and things like that on boards.

3. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

As long as i'm allowed free speech, I couldnt care less whos mod. Lorca for mod!!!! :D

4. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Thats it, free speech really. The moderator should be there to cut out the really bad stuff like I say, other than that there's no need. If you're old enough to use the internet you should expect to see some naughty words here and there.

5. EternalMSC

True...swear words don't matter really, just a form of getting your point across, unless your point is a load of .....

6. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I meant to say aswell on this thread, if anybody has any objections to me modding to start with post here, I won't be favouring anybody or any teams or drivers, to make that clear. I am a Ferrari fan but hopefully nobody will hold that against me!

7. EternalMSC

Not bothered mate, when you start modding, let me off a bit, hehe, Ferrari and Schumacher and all...
    ;) Joking.

8. Stevi555

Stevi555 Member

MANNYF1
    Can you help mate, how do I add a profile pic? Does it have to be done via pc or can I do it via iPhone.
    Even better, how do I get a copy of yours and add that lol.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Cheers Manny. Free speech is pretty important, something that's lost on the BBC maybe, so any moderation should be for the extreme bad stuff that 99.9 percent don't want to see anywhere, and hopefully that will be hardly anything on here.

10. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

moderators should be impartial and above all have a sense of humour, the amount of times the "race card" was used on 606 was unbelieavle, they used it whenever they wanted, they did not care who to, playing the "Race card" is imho pathetic and unless there is actual proof of racism, then those playing the "race card" should face exactly the same measures as someone who did post racist remarks.

Just my tuppence.

Forza Ferrari innit.

11. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think if a clear majority think something is racist, then it usually is. The problem with 606 seemed to be trigger-happy moderation, things would be moderated for no clear reason or simply because one person had misread something or complained about something that a clear majority would not bother with. It's just common sense a lot of time.

12. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

Yes BBC are quick to jump in and protect Hamilton if anyone plays the race card. However they ignored it when someone called me a dumb jock
    All I had said was what's obvious to everyone - that Hamilton is no good in wet conditions and likes to drive fast in a straight line

13. EDGE

EDGE Guest

I've recently been promote to Moderator, if there's anything that I can do to help, just let me know :)

14. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Cheers Edge! I sent a PM to Maltese Mick to ask if I could help out with that too as I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment. Not missing 606 at all at the moment!

15. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

I have not seen one racist post on 606 but, have seen plenty of members accused of it though without any justification whatsoever, which is a horrible despicable thing to call someone for having a different opinion, again I hope that those playing it for spite should be dealt with in the same way one would deal with a racist poster, if not it will continue.

Before anyone starts, I have studied racism, I understand the root causes, I understand it more than the average joe and again I have never seen one racist post on 606 f1 forum, some may have been removed before I saw it, but it does not happen as often as the accusers accuse people of it.

tiger the clear majority angle? whats all that about? I can point you to experiments where a majority of 12 or so people convinced 1 person that their answer to a question was wrong when it was obviously right, band something around enough and it can stick regardless if there is any truth to it/

16. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I agree with what you're saying, instead of saying 'clear majority' i should say what is totally apparent to anybody that is racist, obviously I can't write examples on the board of racist language.

17. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Just to clarify my point Jonah, I can see that you are referring to what might be called 'implied racism' which is not explicitly abusive language, which is what I was talking about. To be honest I come on here to enjoy a sports forum not to have a complicated discussion about racism, but you certainly made my brain crank into gear with your post!

18. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

Me too Tiger and I think you understand how incredibly offensive it is to accuse someone of being a racist when there is not even the slightest whiff of it, just that the person doing the accusing has formulated some obscure illogical rationale as to why someone can have an opinion that differs from theirs. It is highly insulting and I know of one 606 member who hopefully will join here who writes hilariously funny articles who was called a racist and it upset him tremendously. Direct personal attacks on other members can not be tolerated the way it is on 606, it is nothing more than bullying.. another indepth topic LOL.

Slating celebrities, sporting stars is part and parcel, we all do it, they put themselves in the spotlight and think they themselves fully expect it..

anyway enough of this.. think we all understand each other.. the rugby kicks off soon too.. Wales V England.. cant wait.

19. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

You've set me thinking anyway, maybe i don't want to be a moderator anymore, it's nice just to enjoy posting without any hassles. I've not heard anything back about it so could be a blessing in disguise.

20. LewisWDC

LewisWDC New Member

JugglingJonah

Agreed.