1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hoos Now Running Entire Club

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 4, 2017.

1. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Shd of been kids for a quid tenner for adults on saturday more people in ground helps players more spent on food n drink not rocket science but hoos knows best! !

2. bc7

bc7 Active Member

I don't think it is quite that simple. At the clubs that I've worked, these type of games are the games that money is often lost due to the costs. Also we don't make a lot on food and drink due to the stadium problems, especially in the Ellerslie. I do agree that more people in the ground usually helps the players.

3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I thought it was. I did hear him talking down the idea of moving it again.

4. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

The "family stand" was going years before Hoos arrived on the scene, possibly dating back to the Briatore days (or does it just seem that long ago?).

I think he has re-iterated the club stance that this is the only area of the ground that it can be.

5. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

On the face of it this is good news: we gain by having a hugely experienced executive able to pull all the strings while retaining the enthusiastic but frankly naive (from a football perspective) financial support from Malaysia. The possible fly in the ointment is that this could be another step along the way to Fernades and co eventually selling up. And before all you Fernades haters start to cheer just think about the likelihood of us picking up wealthy owners to replace them. Yes, London clubs can be an attractive proposition for investors in some circumstances but those with a relatively small fan base and merchandising opportunities are not usually top of the shopping list. Just ask the likes of Charlton and Millwall.

6. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Tx for that. In that case, happy days and right direction. We need to be patient - over more than half a season and more likely 3 to 5 seasons. I'll be retired by then so can go to more games. Silver lining.[/QUOTE]

Patience indeed, a rare quality mate. I am happy to give them the rest of this season and next before judging.

7. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

We'll make plenty on the final and next years Euro campaign

KentGaz and kiwiqpr like this.
  8. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

This does push the owners one more step away from the club. Perhaps Tony is losing some of his enthusiasm, and who can blame him, he's been shafted by several managers and lost a packet of dosh. The logical next step will be sale.

qpherts likes this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

What with losing a plane and with losing £250m (or part share of that) and with FFP still not resolved, I'm sure TF was glad to get rid of 2016. Did I hear some where that he had got divorced too last year?? Apologies if unsubstantiated rumour.

10. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Given everything said above, does anybody think Hoo's gave Fernandes an ultimatum to expand the role back to the one he was employed for?

Just a question but Les's appointment must have put his nose out of joint by cutting him out of a decision making process he would have otherwise been involved in?

I'm really not convinced that anything TF does is in anyone's interest but his own. Where there smoke and all that.

11. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

It would be logical for Hoos to first get settled and then take the Club forward when TF was comfortable with him in that role. It was probably the plan all along.
    Since Hoos isn't the scouting guru, Les will keep on doing what he does for the Club.

12. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

If les keeps on doing what he's doing were fkd!

13. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Looking after the pennies. Not the anti-Christ, just a small-minded bean counter.

14. QPR Oslo

I get the impression Hoos is a competent financial and administrative manager, but wonder if has the imagination let alone the authority to invest in the experienced quality players we will need to get us back to the PL, or even to tackle issues like getting standing singing support back behind the goals and moving the family area to the side.

15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

He needs to focus on the team on the pitch. We didn't have a family stand in the 1996 season, nor in the 2001 season ( Both relegated. ) The right sort of fans behind the goal didn't help then and it won't help now. Stop using the fans as an excuse. The family stand can't be moved ( as I've mentioned numerous times ) either scrap it or keep it. Those are the only options until we get a new stadium.

sb_73 likes this.
  16. QPR Oslo

Imo you get much better vocal support with the singing support behind the goals, and I've heard no good reason why we couldn't have a family stand in the Ellersley where the most vocal support is now, near the home support, not the away. Could be simply moved for next season, no big drama doing that. And by the way I'm not using fans as an excuse for anything.

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I went to a family stand meeting with Philip Beard and he explained why it couldn't be moved. As much as he wanted it to be it wasn't practical. It either stays or it goes, it's as simple as that. I say get rid and I sit in the family stand.

18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

And to reiterate that point when I or many of us who still go didn't have a family stand when we were kids, we still go. The family stand is another symptom of the snowflake generation.

Bush Rhino and Telford Ranger like this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Get rid
    Family stand not hoos

20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Nothing stopping the Upper Loft singing. Or Ellerslie or SA Road for that matter. It doesn't take many to make a decent noise, it's not as if anyone is far from the pitch in LR. Would be handy if we had something to sing about, and something other than endless dirges about Chelsea to sing.

QPR999 and Hoop-Leif like this.