1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hooper and Drenthe

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Still a few rumours about Hooper floating around on Twitter. Although, according to the People, Forest are poised to make a £5million bid for him.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

According to our local paper, we're the only club in the running as he's stated he doesn't want to play in the Championship this season and wants to leave Celtic. We're currently in talks with Celtic about agreeing a fee and I don't think personal terms will be a problem, he still has a house locally from his time at Scunthorpe. Given all his options, I'd say coming to us probably looks like a cert if Celtic are ready to let him leave.

I think whichever out of Austin and Hooper we sign (probably the latter, unless we are interested in both, which is very unlikely), you'll sign the other.

3. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

The problem at Reading at the moment is we seem to be getting linked with everyone. Our forum is going flat out with rumours about this player and that player. Quite unique for us. Our rumours don't usually start until about 2 weeks from the end of the transfer window.

But even the most ardent rumour mongers seem to think the Hooper possibility is a non starter now. I imagine if he does leave Celtic he will opt for premiership status, but it might just depend on who offers the highest fee. Quite honestly, I can't see that being us. Its not the Reading way.

4. Tilehurstsouthbank

You mean Hull, officially the most depressing place in England? Lol at anyone from Hull taking the Piss out of Reading! Your PL status may give ou the edge, but the Adkins factor may come into play as he managed Hooper at Scunthorpe.

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If you'd ever been to Hull, you'd see that to get to it you have to travel through some of the most beautiful countryside you'll ever see. Hooper would probably live in Brantingham, Ferriby, Swanland, South Cave and the like, which are all really quaint country villages. If you just come across the Humber Bridge you don't really get the whole experience. The City itself isn't that bad, the people have always been friendly enough and the City has been regenerated to the point that it's barely recognisable to what it was in the 70s.

As for the Adkins factor, I don't really think it'll make a difference. I mean, if you play devils advocate, he also left under Nigel Adkins. So his draw obviously wasn't that massive.

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I 'm sure after living in Glasgow for 4 years, even Hull would seem nice <ok>

7. Tilehurstsouthbank

Come on Mafff, time to let things lie now mate. You're always going to get differences of opinion on any forum. Things were said that shouldn't have been, but it all ended in a sour manner for me.