1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holloway's Blue Army.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just like what I'm seeing, hearing and reading about the club and it's been a long time since that could be said.......

Up the R's

NorwayRanger and daverangers like this.
  2. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

When he turned up I thought that he was exactly what we needed. I even felt that through the losing streak under him. Because I knew that the problems at QPR were deep rooted and difficult to put your finger on. You could have brought in the best tactical manager in the world and it wouldn't have made too much difference because the issues at QPR are to do with psychology, confidence and attitude. And, as I say, those issues were deep rooted throughout the club so that any new players coming in would automatically be affected by it.
    We needed someone just like him. I thought maybe the only people who could deal with the situation (and quickly) would be either him and Ollie. But actually, Ollie is better suited because he has a sense of humour. That's what we needed. Someone to come in, lighten things up, get the players loving QPR/Loftus Road/the fans, etc.
    So, Ollie deserves a lot of praise here. The way we look at the moment is better than how we've looked in years.

3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

There is so much "positivity" in this thread that it is a real pleasure to read. :)

I just hope that "something" does not happen, in a peculiar QPR way, to make it all crash down around us.

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

lol.
    A football fan may be defined as an eternal pessimist who, very occasionally, is proved wrong!

Tramore Ranger and QPRski like this.
  5. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

The best thing is, whether he has tricked us all into believeing, or whether it is true, I feel like the club is being run by a fan. It isn't just a job and a pay cheque for him, but Ollie really loves it when we win, and it bugs him when we lose. I love that, and it encourages me to be more passionate in response. If it carries on as it is, good times are ahead!

6. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I got very disillusioned earlier in the season with the football I was watching & decided not to go to s couple of matches even though I have a season ticket, I just couldn't be bothered as it was so negative, but since Holloway returned it's got better & my enthusiasm is back, so well done Ollie in bringing back the togetherness with the team.

rangercol and Tramore Ranger like this.
  7. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

As most of you know, I was over the moon with the appointment of Ollie AND Birch. A dream team for me. Yeah we wobbled for a while, but they have now got us going again. Much more passion, pride and guts than we have been used to. Well done to all. Promotion push next season!!

NorwayRanger and Tramore Ranger like this.
  8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I think I said the club and our football would take us back fifteen years if Holloway was appointed. I'm so happy to have been proven wrong.
    It's early days and there's still a lot of work to be done but I'm enjoying going down the Rangers now which hasn't really happened since the 2010/11 season.

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think the reality is now setting in that we are no longer a big-spending club and the budget we operate on won't buy the silky skilful types of player we'd love to see. We now look to get players who will work their socks off and win games by sheer effort, I doubt that will be enough for a promotion push next year but we're no longer the pushovers we were in seasons gone by. We do need strengthening in one or two positions and if we can get the 'right sorts' who knows, maybe we'll do a Blackpool and surprise everyone. I'd give Ollie 8/10 for giving us a little bit of pride back...

NorwayRanger and seagullhoop like this.
  10. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

The current feelgood atmosphere should remind us all that sometime what we wish for and what we get aren't always what we need.

There aren't many of us who didn't see marquee signings and big name ex-PL pros as a sign of us hitting the big time. When what we actually got was a poisoned dressing room and the hatred of fans all over the country.

Now, it seems, we are going about our business with a degree of pragmatism and an honest desire to climb the ladder in the right way. By not just throwing cash at the problem people are beginning to revisit their opinion of our club and our own fans are regaining their enthusiasm for the game.

There will be stumbles and reverses along the way, but I'd far rather be part of a real club that just puts the football at the top of it's priorities, instead of a cash obsessed, shirt-marketing, corporate megabrand with no soul and a bunch of glory hunting day trippers that call themselves fans.

I know the marketing side is important, and for the long term financial health of the club we will need to grow and change, but right now the back-to-basics approach feels right - Forever Rs is reconnecting us with our past glories and Olly and Birch are giving us back some pride on the pitch.

Long may it continue.

11. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Rusty, wild eyed, strange selections it was an interesting few weeks at the start there but Ollie's done a job. Without repeating others plaudits he's turned us in the right direction thank Christ, I wont lie I wondered if it would end in disaster. On some level I still have reservations but I will keep them quiet as Ollie's shown he's deserving of my backing, can't speak for others but hope he gets the time and ultimately respect he deserves from the fans base whatever happens in the end.

He really gives a **** and it shows. My only worry now having said all of the above is what the board does if he takes us up in 2018. Although I predict another Warnock moment, hope those lessons were really learned.

finglasqpr and NorwayRanger like this.
  12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

holloway out

awjm, NorwayRanger, QPRski and 3 others like this.
  13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Dare I say that it feels like we have our Rangers back?

For once in a long while I don't feel so disinterested/depressed about football<laugh>

Embrace it and enjoy the feeling while it lasts:emoticon-0148-yes:

Up the R's <cheers>

QPRski, Didley Squat, kiwiqpr and 4 others like this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

When Hollow returned I thought it was relegation but fair play to him, he proved me wrong, however I still think he is not the long-term solution. For me he is still too inconsistent but I am happy with him at the present time.
    please log in to view this image

15. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Another one who is happy to have been proven wrong so far. I raised doubts about Olly's success rate since he left us 10 years ago. I genuinely thought we would get relegated and I felt his appointment was a knee jerk reaction by the board harking back to previous glory days. The difference in the players from the Hasselbank era is their willingness to chase every single ball as though their life depended on it. The management, players and fans are all together now. I'm no Mystic Meg but a word of caution to those talking of possible promotion next season, we are not promotion contenders yet. One step at a time folks. Olly may get us to the Premier League within 2 or 3 years but we are a long way from challenging at the top end of the table. We have players who are 100% committed but some of them lack the quality required for promotion........just my opinion.

16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Very wise words. Assuming the Board have learnt their various lessons, we should not be baying for instant success. In general, the tone of this thread has been very measured.

finglasqpr likes this.
  17. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

I'm an Ollie fan and I was over the moon with his appointment, although in the back of my mind I kept repeating you should never go back.
    I'm an ex season ticket holder, steward and I hate to say it I've not been to a game since MK Dons FA cup 3rd round as I hated the football we were playing and all I could see was doom and gloom for the foreseeable future. Seeing the posts on here and the live TV games in the last 3 months my wife (she's not a football fan but she's seen a change in me and my enthusiasm has returned) and I will be regulars at LR next season.
    We've got our Rangers back
    COYRS

UTRs, daverangers, Stroller and 2 others like this.
  18. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Some excellent posts in this thread. I have found my first love again after a very turbulent affair with a boring Dutch idiot.
    Can't wait for Saturday!

UTRs and daverangers like this.
  19. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Football is fun again. I hope we really push on through the last 10 games and try and finish in the top half of the table. Carrying momentum into next season would be great.

UTRs and KentGaz like this.
  20. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

The right man at the right time. Pride being restored.

KentGaz likes this.