1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holloway In Pursuit Of An Experienced Striker

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

That would be so good.

WalsallHoop and sb_73 like this.
  2. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Didn't he have a go at us fans for getting on Washington's back and not encouraging him at games? If so, Holloway slagging him off at a fans forum wouldn't do much for the lad's confidence either. Double standards Olly.

Stroller and QPR999 like this.
  3. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Ok... the likelihood of any of these...

0/10 - Hogan and Abraham are going places, never in a million...nay, a billion years would they come to us
    2/10 - Graham has rediscovered his scoring boots (6 in 16) after years in the wilderness, why would he come to an equally struggling team?
    1/10 - Chris Wood... again discovering his scoring form in a decent Leeds team that are showing promise and are currently in the playoff places
    5/10 - Billy Sharp... scores playing at a lower level, but is he an improvement on what we have or would he be another Conor who will not be supported?
    5/10 - Grant Holt... old fat, injury prone and scored 11 since he left Norwich in 2013
    6/10 - Danny Ward... not prolific enough... 7 in 52 for Rotherham

Reality strikes... we are cash poor, and some of the better players here would only come for vast swathes of cash - and even if they were offered that would probably turn us down as a very poor move for their careers... tbh, I reckon even Diego Costa would struggle to shine with the service our strikers get.

4. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

Not sure I understand the Chery bashing. He is a cut above so many players in this league and the number of chances created stat speaks for itself. It's more down to the rest of our team not converting than Chery not creating in my opinion.

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He was excellent at the start of the season and clearly a talent but he's tapered off to the point he's becoming anonymous. Ollie's team set-up doesn't seem to bring the best out of him and his body language and form suggests he is losing interest...

6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

I detected that too in his demeanour - perhaps he is already planning to take a walk in the New Year if we cannot eek out some results - whoever the manager might be come February, they need a transfer window to try righten the boat.

jeffranger likes this.
  7. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

That may be the case, but surely he is one of the best chances we have of turning our form round and getting some results. Maybe he has just hit a poor run of form, or maybe he is a little unsettled (manager change/team under performing/transfer rumours) of late. Either way, he would make my first eleven and I just hope Ollie can get him performing again.

8. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

we trully need to sell coner washington he obviuosly is a tallent but he must return to the midlands to do the buisness a straight swop with macormack of villa may tick all the boxes

9. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

I was thinking a loan back to league one might actually be what he needs. Would be a shame for him to hit his potential elsewhere, but he is clearly struggling to make a return on our investment so far.

10. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I just hope, that if Olly gets lucky and gets a striker he plays him upfront rather than on the wing or midfield as our previous manager tended to do

11. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

What half decent striker is going to want to come and play for this shower?

rangercol likes this.
  12. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Keep the faith guys,Sir Les will be sourcing some fantastic acquisitions :)

13. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

He's done a bang-up job so far

14. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

We need a greedy genius who can do it on his own 'cos he won't get any service from the rest of the team.