1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Holidays

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deleted #, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

No mate. Hes to busy.

I dont know to much as im a gobby little self centered pisshead. And this forum is about me only.

But nah hes doing ok. Concentrating on the brewery foremost. I will send a message from you.

2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Champion mate, just tell him I said hello and I hope his business is going from strength to strength.

3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

He seems to be doing alreet mate.

Loads of live music stuff.

Loads of brews. Im enjoying the business grow.

All about me..ffs

Deleted likes this.
  4. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Its not all about you Comm , you have only posted fifty one thousand five hundred and sixty eight "messages " I am sure if you added the rest of the forum together they would have posted that many , so relax

5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Not obsessed.

6. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

7. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

The wife/her family love the Whitsundays. I haven't had the chance to make the trip up yet. towards the top of my to do list. Supposed to be beautiful.

8. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Interesting choice there Somb, you get around don't you mate?

The Cinque Terra must have been incredibly beautiful but, since they put the train line in, the magic has gone imo.

Now you get constant trainloads of tourists, from the cruise ships in Genoa, doing all 5 villages in a day.

We did a walk to there from Monterosso al Mare, that was tough but really great views. We got to a church, on the trail back, called L'Eremo di Santa Maria Maddalena and were really hot and dusty, where there was a Christening going on ..... to cut a long story short the Italian family asked us to sit down with them and eat & drink.

Just one of those mad things that happen that you could never have planned.

9. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rented a lovely cottage for a week in Devon next month , the wife, the dog and I. A nice relaxing week. Then Belize at Christmas, 6 days in 2 jungle camps then a week on the beach, the highlight being going scuba diving to this beauty, it's been on my bucket list for years.

10. Smug in Boots

Jealous of that mate, Belize looks incredible ..... I've looked at that for years but it'll never happen now.

Bizarreknives likes this.

11. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

No mate and TBH I've been going there for years and we haven't scratched the surface yet, the place is so vast and loads of stuff to see.

In our younger days it was all about the kids and the Theme Parks but now it's just the missus and me she loves the shops :( I normally hire a Harley and bugger off to Daytona Beach to buy stuff for my bike back home. It's more just like a chill (right) out holiday for us now mate. Pretty boring really considering what there is to see and places to go, but it suits us and the weather is pretty much guaranteed as well.

I also love Italy but it's a pain to get to from Ponteland International, you've got to get 2 flights and I hate all that ****. That's the downside of working overseas, I hate flying with a vengeance cos it involves **** loads of sitting around in boring airports and waiting in queues.

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Fentonpell

Fentonpell Well-Known Member

13. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Ha! I do mate, I like my holidays.......

Strangely, that was the first time we've been to Italy. Stunning scenery around that region. We went at the beginning of April, Vernazza in particular was very quiet, hardly anyone here and the bars shut at ten which was a bit of a bugger. During the day the five villages were very busy with day trippers. I expect it'll be a nightmare in the summer. I presume the area you're talking about is between the villages? Bit cold to walk for us.

14. Smug in Boots

Yeah, before the train and proper roads the only way between the villages was by boat or a coastal path along the clifftops.
    Some of it is currently closed after the floods in 2011 absolutely devastated the area.

please log in to view this image

15. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Me and the Mrs did a bit of a self organised tour around Italy coming up 2 years ago. Absolutely loved it specifically Milan, Rome, Verona and best of all Florence.

Quite simply the best city me and the Mrs have been to and we swore we'd go back and hire a car to drive round the Tuscan vineyards and valleys.

Love the culture, food, drink and the people.

Don't like Venice or Naples mind you.

Nads, Deleted and Vincemac like this.
  16. Smug in Boots

I totally agree about Naples, terrible waste of a nice city ..... too much Mafia influence.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on in Venice. I never had any idea where I was or what was going on.

The only good bit was getting the first ferry, around 6am, and seeing the sunrise on the Grand Canal.

Florence is fantastic though, totally agree ..... we set the alarm for 4.30am and went round on a motorbike, just us and the street cleaners.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Deleted and Jack TheLad like this.
  17. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

That looks like the harbour at Vernazza, although it was a bit more placid when we were there! Just outside the train station on the way down, there's a big mural on the wall with similar pictures. It's amazing they got it back to normal so quickly. I can imagine the locals must be pretty miffed, invaded, on the sheer numbers they get during summer. Then again, no tourists, no income.

I love visiting new places. Next ones Santorini. We were there last year for the first time. I could sit and admire the views in Fira for hours.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  18. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

My favourite holiday was the grand tour of Italy.
    We flew into Milan then spent 3 days each in Venice, Florence and Rome with day trips to Bologna & Siena absolutely wonderful.

Worst holiday was in Lloret de Mar back in the 80's - hopefully it has improved but I doubt it very much.

Deleted likes this.
  19. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'd like to do Canada & Australia.
    Not any chance of either like on my budget.

20. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Don't bother chief. I ****ing hate Australia at the moment.