1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hodgson does it again

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by dempsey's revenge, Apr 28, 2011.

1. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

West Brom is sitting on 40 points, virtually safe when three months ago they were 19th on the table after a disastrous run of 13 losses in 18 games. It's the same thing he did for us four years ago.

The man's a genius. I know there are some hard feelings still about his leaving for Liverpool, but I'm grateful for his time with us. IMO he's responsible, not just for rescuing us, but putting us on our current path toward another top half finish and a bright future.

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

I' m im vollständigen Einvernehmen as I'm told they say where you are DR. I bet Roy can speak German amongst his many languages.

3. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I actually had to look it up ... my speaking German is functional (i.e. I can get things done), but my reading German is terrible.

The turn around at West Brom has been amazing. I wonder if Hodgson will get nominated for Manager of the Year again - that would be interesting considering he'd been fired by Liverpool.

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

He won't get nominated again. He's been good for West Brom, no doubt, but he hasn't manufactured something like he did with us when he won the Manager of the Year.

Personally, I liked Roy from the off and have no hard feelings about how he went. If I were offered a promotion to a bigger job at a different company I'd take it so I don't see why Roy should be any different. He took a gamble and it failed. That's life.

I think you are spot on, though. He put us on the road we are now travelling and we really should thank him for that.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Agreed with Fulhaman. Roy didn't get manager of the year for getting us out of the relegation zone, he won it for taking us to a European final. West Brom are a long way off achieving that at the moment.

6. rocky57

rocky57 Member

I agree Commodore, but who's to say he won't achieve something similar with WBA?

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Very true, Rocky; he may well do great things at West Brom, and I'd be very happy if he did (as long as it wasn't at our expense). But I was responding to Dempsey's Revenge's question about Roy winning manager of the year this year. We can safely say that he won't take West Brom to a European final in the next month or so!

8. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I used to be quite bitter about him leaving us, but I have moved on from it now and still think Roy is a top chap.
    So glad to see WBA beat Livepool. Just shows what he is like

9. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Congratulations roy- shows it wasn't a fluke at fulham. When thought about, WBA are very similar to how we were at that stage, maybe not quite as desperate, but similar size club, e.t.c. No chance of manager of the year, he's only managed for half the year!!
    It wasn't our great escape season he was nominated, or when we came 7th, it was taking us so close to european glory!
    I wonder how WBA will fair next season