1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hobbs is a Tiger

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

It sounds to be that we have got Hobbs in with a view to a permanent as it's likely we will lose Gerrard at the end of the season.

Rumour has it that a couple of prem clubs have been sniffing around him and SSN has got wind of it so it cant be too far off the mark, you wouldnt have thought.

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sven was interviewed in the Leicester Mercury and he said that Hobbs wasn't for sale if we stay in the championship.

I think we will get promoted though so you have yourself a good solid championship player <ok>

3. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Bit sure of themselves these foxy ladi.. erm fellas..!

NP will look to either sign Gerrard and/or Hobbs on a perm me reckons.. so Hobbs will get a game as NP stated in interview that he'll have a chance "to look at him"..

So he may indeed try Chester at LB while he plays Hobbs at CB.. there again he doesn't like swapping & changing too much..

I personally think Chester & Gerrard are as strong a CB pair we've had since Turner & Wayne Brown

Gardner won't play for us again that's for sure..

4. SiK

SiK Member

Permanant at the end of the season seems a reasonable bet. Sven says he wants to keep him, but not good enough for this season?! Unlikely to be good enough next season either then, unless Sven is not intending to do any business this summer. If Leicester get promoted he will certainly be surplus to requirements. If they fail to go up then Sven will be doing all he can to strengthen for a tilt at the title next season, in which case highly unlikely to rely on someone he does not even want on his bench this year.

Leicester have now sent across three key elements of their play-off push last year, manager, top scorer and palyer of the year, nice additions to a squad that is looking stronger all the time.

5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We currently have 3 on loan CB's.

Its therefore pretty obvious to not put a buy out clause into his loan contract because if we don't go up and these players don't want to sign for another year then we'll have to recall him <ok>

Big if though because to me promotion is becoming more and more likely with Swansea and Norwich's stuttering form.

6. SiK

SiK Member

AKCJ - I understand what you mean, but if none of those three sign do you think it is likely that Sven won't have more on his list? He obviously has the connections to get the players he wants and if there is money to spend I am sure he will manage to spend some of it.

As for promotion I can see a play-off place as a possibility, possibly auto is too much, and as you well know a play-off place is far from promotion certainty.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's odd that Sven has said that he's been allowed to come to us on loan so that he can get game time, as I can't see us breaking up the current back four and I doubt he'll get a game until we have an injury or suspension.

8. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

It will be good to have Hobbs for when Gerrard can't play against Cardiff.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Gerrard can play against Cardiff, we agreed with the sheepshaggers that Oli and Gerrard could play in all games.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Gerrard can play against Cardiff, we agreed with the sheepshaggers that Oli and Gerrard could play in all games.

11. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

a few weeks ago, i would have thought chester to left back a possibility..
    but as 2 weeks ago, daws had the best game in a city shirt-probably ever..and hes captain at the moment, i think its unlikely..

12. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

if hes played 30 times already, how come hed need to come away to get game time?

13. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Because everything Sven says is gospel... :)

14. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Didn't this lad have some game time with Scunny. Say what you like about Scunny they have picked up some decent larkers down the years on loan deals. Nigel "we're on a journey" Adkins certainly has a good eye for a player.

15. Dean24

Dean24 Member

BINGO!!! Stick him at left back use Dawson as backup.

16. Vich's riches are fit for a King

I have to admit I was a bit surprised to see that Jack's played 30 times this season! He's never really been able to string a number of games together though, as most of the time he's been coming in as cover for the injured Vitor (who gets injured a lot). I'm sure Nige will have brought him in to play him and I hope that if he gets his chance it's for more than just 2 games in succession - even if he's back-up for you lot that's better than here where he's currently 5th choice for his position and stands no chance of getting a game. I'll be watching out for you more closely now to see how Jack's getting on anyway and good luck against the top 6!

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They've just signed a couple of centre backs and he's not even expected to make the bench now.

18. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Can`t see where NP is going to fit him in to be honest, yes good cover but, as has been said, the defence are performing well as a unit at the moment. The only thing I can see happening is moving Chester to LB to add a bit more mobility and youth, but I believe that this won`t happen for a few games yet, unless DoDo reverts back to his form from a few weeks back. Obviously the draw of working with NP has been a big influence on the lad to come here and sit on the bench for a while.

19. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Obviously I think that.

But your not just gonna sell him are you? Not without another player signing the dotted line.

I wouldn't worry because you'll be first in line.

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He's just pleased to have joined a big club.