1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hit for 6 at the Valley

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Well that went well!

Jesus, what depressing reading seven days away from the season starting.

So we were missing Dids, Huws, Celina, Adeyemi and Bishop. Hyam too but not sure I'm going to be counting him for this season. Needs a loan move to kick him off and I cannot see him being ready until January. Not remotely bothered by this either he's not in my eyes good enough to help us achieve top 6.

Sounds like a first half where Charlton scored with their only four shots - it happens and I'd rather it happened now.

Perhaps the upshot of this will be heightened conversations between Mick and Evans. Have to say, the first 11 on paper ( providing everyone are fit ) I'm not too unhappy about. A few injuries....and we're going to massively struggle I would have to say right now.

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We've just got our Barnsley tickets so I'm hoping this result was a one off, more concerning is the list of injuries and illness with less than a week to go before the big kick off.
    Along with thousands of others we gave up our season tickets and I'm sure that's why we made a few signings but I'm still a bit underwhelmed with the quality to be honest, and I think we need at least 2 more but I don't hold out much hope of that happening.
    I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but at the moment I can see another season of struggle but I live in hope.

Westlake33 likes this.
  3. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Things wont improve until Mick has gone!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

And Marcus starts providing real championship level funding.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

That was a disgusting result no matter how much you try and dress it up! The players and management should be ashamed of themselves for putting in such a woeful performance in front of our travelling fans. If this is the sign of things to come then God help us! <ok>

6. Westlake33

Potentially Spanish!! Though I don't see it getting a lot better irrespective of who we have with such " backing " .

7. Westlake33

Could Berra's departure be more of a disaster than first thought? Webster HAS to get properly fit for me, KEY to a lot for this season. His distribution out of defence is different class.

Tommy Smith played 90, and in my opinion is NOT good enough to be playing week in week out. Too slow, bad decision maker and definitely not a leader.

Berra will be sorely missed.

Problem being, take away the linchpin = more goals likely to be conceded... meaning we need to score more.... ( obvious ) and we look VERY short at that end.

Beginning to seriously question things a little. I like our first 11 on paper, however unsure how many goals are in that side and how strong the backline is. Spine doesn't appear as strong as perhaps it need be. It's only July 31, so granted we have time to address the situation and who knows how we'll start the season. COYB.

8. johnnywarksmoustache

We are 5th Favourites with the Bookies for the drop and they are seldom wrong!

9. Westlake33

Some tipped Huddersfield to go down last season Warkie but I know where you're coming from.

Lets be clear - in no world would Mick get any side from the Championship relegated. Of that, we all know.

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced that Mick is immune to relegation......I think he could easily take us down.

Nuggets and Spanish like this.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

He took Wolves down and there's no reason that it wont happen here!

12. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Not particularly fussed about Berra going,he has coasted for the last two Seasons.Hope Webster gets fully fit,as any defender with at least an ounce of ability to bring/pass the ball out of defence is a vast improvement on what we've had in recent years (not sure it qualifies him as "different class" though).

Nuggets likes this.
  13. Westlake33

He wasn't incharge when Wolves went down, sure they were in a mess but he didn't relegate them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...following-heavy-home-defeat-to-West-Brom.html

Seriously Weighty he wouldn't take us or any team for that matter down from this division.

Big season for him this - I don't think the board can tolerate another season like last do you?

Out of interest though, what do you think it would take for Mick to get sacked under Evans? I mean he gave Keane 13 or 14 games without a win at the start of 08/09, and 11/12 I think when Mick took over from Jewell, Jewell had us in an absolute mess come November. Both times we were bottom of the league before the trigger was eventually pulled.

14. johnnywarksmoustache

Terry Connor finished the job that Mick started! <laugh>

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Seriously Westy ....I think Mick plays to draw most games rather than play to win.

I think Mick would be sacked if he were to **** on Marcus Evans birthday cake while tugging his tiddler into a packet of beef monster munch...

Bigalreigned likes this.
  16. Westlake33

He does have a very cautious approach for sure - frustrating really and one bad result ala Reading 5-1 means he'll completely shut up shop for well, the rest of the season!

My patience is wearing somewhat thin too.