1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HISTORICAL FACT NEEDED STEVIE

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by qprted, May 10, 2016.

1. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

LISTEN IM SURE IM RIGHT BUT CANT FIND ANY EVIDENCE ON INTER NET IM SURE TWO MILLWALL FANS WERE KILLED AT EVERRTON CIRCA MIDDLE SIXTIES CAN YOU FIND ANY ACRIVE ON THIS DID IT HAPPEN OR AM I WRONG,I THINK IT WAS A FA CUP 5TH ROUND

2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

I'll try Ted. <ok>

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

What i remember Ted Wall fans were put in the wrong end of the ground and whilst going through the turnstiles some were stabbed dont remember any being killed <ok>

4. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

There's nothing on google about it mate. <ok>

5. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

OK YEAH THEN THAT MUST HAVE BEEN IT THENIT MUST HAVE BEEN TWI MILLWALL FANS STABBED NOT KILLED
    THANKS LADS IM TRYING TO SEE HOW MANY FANS HAVE BEEN KILLED OVER THE LAST 50 OR 60 YEARS

6. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Ok Grim Reaper Ted!! <yikes> <laugh>

7. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

well im not the brightest bloke sometimes maybe we should call me trigger after that bloke in only fools and horses

8. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

1972 This happened Ted FA Cup 5th round, two Millwall fans were seriously stabbed and loads of others were slashed.
    It was in the days of no segregation and the early days of hooliganism and long before all ticket matches, anyway thousands of Millwall fans travelled up to Scouseland and there were several incidents around Liverpool city centre, the police couldn't cope with the Millwall fans and wouldn't put them in the ground together, so they came up with the idea of letting them in in small pockets all over the ground.
    The Millwall fans who entered the Gwladys Street end of the ground were being set upon as soon as they went through the gates and the Police stood back and watched.
    My uncle(RIP) was confronted as he went to the toilet, but being Irish he was able to convince his wouldbe attackers he was there to watch Everton, which was just as well as one of them had a ****ing great big knife.
    So the next time you ask 'why do Millwall fans hate Scousers and the Police?' this is one of the main reasons.

9. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

well we have several link ups with you wall fans only two teams in london were massively supported by the irish these were qpr and millwall our irish fans were legendary,but once irish sports werre introduced we lost most of our irish support,but back in 1964 millwall made the worst mistake they ever made the qpr fans were no match for the wall but after we beat you 6-1 tempers began to be lost and a mob of about two thousand dockers tried to attack the school end of our ground us qpr fans knew only two well that those geezers with wellingtons on and bests suits all mud caked held
    arond the waist with a bit of string not a belt were none other that our 1500 irish fans even we were terrified of that lot
    our ground was always threatened to be shut because of our brothers from ireland and yes what a punch up outside
    there was its difficult to see who won but there were a lot of dockers laying all over the place
    iITS BECAUSE THE IRISH FIRST SETTLED IN NEW CROSS AND SHEPHARDS BUSH ITS A SHAME WE CANT BE FRIENDS BUT QPR WILL ALWAYS STAND SIDE BY SIDE WITH WEST HAM THEYVE ALWAYS BEEN OUR BEST FRIENDS ITS WIERD REALLY ITS BECAUSE THE WEST HAM MIDDLESEX DIVISION ARE A POWER THEY TRAVEL IN HUNDREDS AND MANY OF THEM HAVE QPR AS THERE SECOND BEST TEAM

10. brb

brb CR250

ok Dave <ok>

11. brb

brb CR250

I can't remember the club but I always remember travelling to a ground in the late 70's or very early 80's and the stewards tried to send us in the wrong end of the ground, thankfully we sussed them, otherwise might not have been here to tell the tale <laugh>

12. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

BRB IF THEY PUT MILLWALL IN OUR WRONG END I ASURE YOU THE WALL WOULD STILL HERE NOT MANY CLUBS COULD
    DESTROY 2500 WALL BUT I SUPPOSE BEFORE SEATING SOME ENDS WERE FULL OF UP TO 25 OOO