1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

His Master´s Voice

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Oct 16, 2016.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Weaving and bobbing and turning
    And orchestrating every move,
    It´s years since he finished his learning
    He´s certainly nothing to prove

But just like a good vintage Bordeaux
    He gets better with every year,
    With desire and hunger, although
    His thirty-fifth birthday is near

I guess you know who I´m describing
    That imp from the Emerald Isle,
    His goal had them slipping and sliding
    Yesterday, before nestling in style

The one-legged wonder from Dublin
    For his right peg´s used for no more,
    Than keeping him upright and bubblin´
    Very seldom does it get a score

But here in this league he´s a handful
    When nearing the opponent´s goal,
    And I for one, am truly thankful
    He still graces Delia´s Bowl. OTBC

ncgandy, chinacanary and mike555 like this.
  2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Bang on the money as usual RBF. <applause>
    I wonder if MB has been reading your ditties - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...rwich_city_s_evergreen_wes_hoolahan_1_4737813
    He certainly 'waxes lyrical' about both his and Pritchard's contribution to yesterday’s victory,
    Dare we hope that AN sees fit to include them both in his starting 11 again, or will Pritchard be sacrificed to enable Brady/Howson to start??

Some of the highlights from the article - "It may prove the pair had the perfect conditions to thrive; conditions unlikely to be recreated every week. But when the time is right, the sparks seem set to fly – exemplified by Hoolahan’s gorgeous opening goal unlocked by Pritchard’s faultless piece of vision. “It was the first time we’ve played with each other and we were saying it before the game, that it’s nice we could play with each other,” said City’s Irish international.
    “You could see his movement and my movement – we’re on the same wavelength. You can see that in training as well, and it’s nice to get an assist from him. It was a great pick-out, it’s come to me and I’ve probably let them know I’d shoot a few times and the keeper’s gone down, so I’ve put it in the bottom there.” “There were some good moments with Alex. He’s a very clever player and he’s come from Tottenham Hotspur, so he’s got a lot of quality. That was his first start in the Championship for us, and I think he showed the gaffer what he can do.”

Edit - just seen this on the EDP website - "Pritchard and James Maddison, in the fullness of time, may compete for the crown but Hoolahan is still the King of Carrow Road; a magical footballer who in a less refined environment can cast a spell over these second tier rivals."

Full article here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/home/paddy_d...as_the_dancing_feet_at_norwich_city_1_4737632

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    chinacanary and royalbarclayfan like this.