1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hicks is at it again.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by KingPepeReina., Feb 17, 2011.

1. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

This article may seem like a bit of doom mongering,but it isn't.
    I'll tell you why, going by the reports I have heard and read.Tom Hicks has gone to court to be allowed to do something that he was always allowed to do......However,He cannot do so in the USA,He has to do it in the UK.He is attempting to sue former Liverpool directors,NESV and RBS....Thats the bad news.The good news is that if he does,NESV,Martin Broughton and RBS will sue him.Hicks has been blocked from attempting to ensure that the three earlier parties cannot sue him.The High Court judge has ruled in their favour.As the judge already ruled in these parties favour,Hicks could wind up penniless.Which is even more good news.<somersault><somersault>

2. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

Basically Hicks can only sue in the EU. Within the EU there is only one country that would take this case on and that is England as it's to do with an English company with English directors. Within England there would be only one court that would deal with a case like this, The high court, now bear in mind Hick's relationship with the high court and what they have ruled so far it would be a waste of money for him to try and go down that avenue and sue via them

3. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

You're probably right,I reckon if he does go ahead with this action he will bite off more than he can chew,as NESV and the banks intend to counter sue if he does.Martin Broughton has their backing.Hicks attempted to block any action against him by these parties,he failed,The Judge dismissed it.