1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hi Viz ...... ( not really )

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Aug 7, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I couldn't let the season start without a moan about Mr.Jobsworthy ( shock horror ) - but this whinge is at least a bit serious !

Stuart Nelson received a card for time wasting at a goal kick. Yet he actually was 'saving time.' He actually placed the ball on the nearest corner of the 6 yard box - when he could have used the same 'far' side that he had used all game up to that point - but he then saw what everyone else saw - except Mr.Jobsworthy ( with the whistle ), who failed to see the 4th Official holding up his board - for a Southend substitution.
    Nelson pointed this out to the referee ( who I thought was in verbal contact with the 4th Official ) - but the referee ignored Nelson and brandished a yellow card.
    The scene clearly indicated that a substitution was imminent - and it was perfectly natural that Stuart would expect that it was going to happen at this natural break in the game.
    The 'award' of the card was not fair - yet there is no system of appeal against a yellow card......bodes well for the rest of the season.

2. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

3. alwaysright

I'm not sure if I'm qualified enough to meet all your special needs.

4. alwaysright

How did I miss this one ?

On Saturday the MC announced that there were new goods on sale in the Megastore - including customary ( terrible ) Christmas jumpers. I thought I would take a browse online, and decide if it was worth a trip into the shop. I came across a story, from last year, that compares with other nonsense that fans have to endure from Mr.Jobsworth.

The lack of common sense beggars belief........... So - before you all rush to the Megastore before entering the ground to watch a game (when otherwise would you go to the megasatore ? ), just be careful of what you buy
    .https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjSzP6muarQAhUKI8AKHdXxCIIQFgg1MAQ&url=http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/gills-sold-me-a-club-29502/&usg=AFQjCNFw_IeC2X0ZcEsZpTaihx9XWVXdxg&sig2=MUNvX_1TtndB9kLhLnRyCw

You may, however, enter the ground with a metal thermos flask full of steaming hot tea / coffee/ soup. And, once inside the ground you may make purchases of many items more suited to being used as an offensive weapon, than a mug.

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

I think this has to be the usual case of a steward misinterpreting the rules! If not then whoever made up these rules needs a brain transplant, as said above about tea, after all that would scald your face off, yet all that's likely to happen with a Gills purchased mug is it's handle will drop off, causing it to fall on the purchasers foot and hence causing a legal claim against the club....ahh now i get it, that's why it's banned....problem solved <ok> :) <laugh>