1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hess' approach to contracts! Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Gillinghamfatboy, May 19, 2011.

1. Gillinghamfatboy

Gillinghamfatboy New Member

This is my first time using not606 so sorry if there is already something along these lines. My main question is do you agree with the way Hess is going about the contract extentions?

I believe he is doing well because if the players do not want to play for us what ever the circumstances then I would rather have players willing to commit to the cause. I understand some players have got families to look after etc. I believe the way he has gone about it by offering players less money but giving them bonuses to earn more which will mean that every player on the pitch should be giving 110%!

What do you think, Yes or No? And why?

2. brb

brb Guest

I agree with Hessy's approach so far, disappointed we lost Barcham but that was out of Hessy's hands, once we failed to gain promotion to League One.
    The coming week's will be crucial on seeing who's coming in.

ps. welcome over Gilinghamfatboy, if I remember correctly you used to be on BBC606 <ok>

3. Gillinghamfatboy

Gillinghamfatboy New Member

I dont think Barcham is that bigger loss to be honest, we have Palmer and Rooney who can fill that position and I think both are more suited for League 2 football. Like you said brb the next weeks will be crucial, hopefully some good players will come in. Yeah i was on BBC606 just like yourself i believe :) (Y)

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I agree, (and I'm getting lazy):emoticon-0111-blush

5. Carras_Prodigy

obviously got to be a balance in there: if you offer a player a contract that is too heavily favouring add-ons and bonuses he'll worry about the time he will inevtibaly get injured or find himself out of the team, there has to be an element of security there.
    what is hess saying though is that there is too much of that and people like mccammon area able to just collect their money every week without ever threatening the 1st team

6. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think Palmer will have to take his place, But I would like a good player brought in for him.