1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henry hints permanent job is Dalglish's

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Muppetfinder General, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sh-will-become-permanent-manager-2204287.html

He also mentions the stadium issue:

"It's still early but in retrospect you could not have made, in our case it was very fortunate, but we could not have made a better choice," said Henry.

"I know he, for a long time now, has wanted to be in this position, so it's a great thing for the club, for Kenny and for us."

Henry has also hinted they may opt to redevelop Anfield rather than build a new stadium in Stanley Park.

"The Kop is unrivalled," he added.

"The atmosphere, I was really surprised because we've heard so much about needing a new stadium.

"We were surprised at how beautiful Anfield was both viewing it as an empty stadium and then with the first game.

"It would be hard to replicate that feeling anywhere else."

Henry also explained why they sanctioned the sale of Torres.

"One of things that we talked about from the very beginning was how important it was that everyone was on the same page. No player is bigger than the club," Henry told Fox Soccer Channel.

"We expect players to want to be there. If they don't want to be part of Liverpool Football Club then we should do everything we can to facilitate them going elsewhere."

2. liverpool tiger

liverpool tiger New Member

I totally agree with that when they got rid of Roy there was only one person i wanted as manager that is kenny he can and will do the business give him the job. Im prepared to be shot down over this

3. Roberto

Roberto Member

I'm in agreement with both you Tiger and Henry.

Anfield is such an amazing place and its name is revered through out Europe. The history, the atmosphere and just the whole buzz that is created when the Kop is in full voice is amazing. It's something which would be difficult to reproduce elsewhere. If we can redevelop it to a good standard and still incorporate the Kop and the atmosphere it would be amazing.

On the Kenny staying, I’m 100% behind that. There is currently no one else out there who knows Liverpool, the fans, the club, the youth (big factor) and the ownership now, as well a Kenny does. Things which any coach has to have or do when joining a club is get along with the ownership and be liked by the fans. Kenny fits that bill with other advantages being he loves the club he knows the players and he’s genuinely motivated by the chance to take us back to the top of the chain. That for me is amazing, it says a lot about the man, he’s not just here to make himself a legend (he’s done that before) he wants this club to be the best again and that is the best motivation possible. He has no personal goals and he’s only seeing things from the clubs perspective and the fans.

I think Henry has already made is mind up about Kenny staying. I think they gave him temporary appointment without realized what impact he’d have at the club. The youth factor which I mentioned earlier is a key in NESV and Henry’s vision and that is another reason I feel they will keep Kenny. He’s happy to develop the young lads and throw them into games when he thinks they are ready (Kelly, Spearing and Shelvey) and with the time he spent at the academy he knows who is the immediate talent coming through. Just look at the way he went down to the academy and pulled Suso and Coady back to Melwood. I think come March/April they will announce it to the fans that they’ve decided to keep him. They’re clever with the timing and the manner of there announcements regarding the club and an announcement like that would give the club another big boost going into the last few weeks of the season.

4. Thanks to Shanks

Kenny will get the job full time, there's no-one better.

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Remember when Raul and his teammates stopped their warmup to listen to the Kop sing YNWA? I think the Barca players did the same when they saw the plastic flags at the Bridge. Their jaws dropped at the sight of it.

6. Roberto

Roberto Member

<laugh> Boring plastic flags for boring plastic fans lol

7. crazyhorsealegend

king kenny must get the job,the owners are not stupid they seem to listen to what people say which is relly FANtastic,as it seems that the owners do actually care about the club unlike H&G.
    i mean the comment about the stadium,that is good common sense after what henry had said in his interview and to be honest liverpool fc are once again on the up with kenny and nesv.
    i for one am so excited after somefalse dawns :)