1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

henderson v welbeck

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by rokerparks scoreboard, Feb 2, 2011.

1. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Well-Known Member

I'd swap straight up. love them both, but Welbeck for me.

2. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

"Hendo has one bad game and people are on his back straight away." last night wasnt the first time ive seen henderson have a piss poor game in the centre i dont think hes had a good game at CM since last season

3. Dyavvy

Dyavvy Member

Weve just bought two midfield players both different both influential in their own ways Sometimes a young player like Henderson can be given wings by a senior pro.... lets hope all the talent on the left can mean a bit of pressure lifted on the right where Henderson can look the star he is for the rest of what should be a great season for the dynamo....If that happens he could have everybody singing 96 Trillion again......say by about half past Stoke!!!

4. mackem911

mackem911 Member

Optimist : -Both sign new contracts with SAFC in the Summer.

Pessimist : -Both sign new contracts with MANU in the Summer.

5. Dyavvy

Dyavvy Member

Ahhhhmmmm........I see what you did there.....haha! one of `em sucks both of `em are succinct lol!

6. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Totally agree with that statement. The lad looks far better out on the wing and puts Elmo to shame with his crossing ability. SB has got to be considering putting him out on the right, to accommodate Muntari & Catts.

7. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

I wouldn't have two weeks ago, but the situation's changed completely in that time. With Bent and Gyan up front, I'd have said we need midfield cover more than a third choice striker. But now that we've lost Bent and gained Sessegnon and Muntari (assuming Muntari is signing permanently like) we need a promising striker mcuh more than we need Hendo. I'd swap them now.

Oddly enough, Fergie's in exactly the opposite position. With Berbatov, Rooney and Nani doing so well, and Scholes and Giggs the age they are, he probably needs Hendo more than he needs Welbeck. So it might be on.

Whooooooo knows?

8. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

We need to keep someone with a proper mackem backbone, who is loyal and will always give 150%.

That man is Hendo and we would be idiots to sell/exchange him while he wants to stay here.

If we want Wellbeck - make ManU an offer they can't refuse. Also, who says Danny doesn't want to have a crack at breaking into the ManU team!!!

Lol Bart

PS - hope the scum get trashed tonight

9. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Sir Alex needs Henderson more than we need Welbeck and a transfer deal may be on the cards...but we need a lot of money plus Welbeck for Henderson...Evans & Welbeck =Henderson!!!!!

10. Dyavvy

Dyavvy Member

As a kid I stood in the Fulwell end...I listened to men say things like "Mark my words he`ll play for England"...I thought it was great and stuck my chest out...I was amazed they could tell...but they could!!...Now I can! ....How do you break the leaching away of talent.....SAF doesnt want him to play tiddlywinks...He sees the ability to push the ball onto the line skinning somebody on the way and look up for someone....and class..... What makes Steven Gerrard and Carra stop where they are and become legend....You boys maybe want to see NE boys get away from home and watch them ooze class for somebody else (Adam Johnson)...How much did he go for??.....Anyway ....Break the mould...keep them here............It was Colin Todd by the way....Cloughie took him!