1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henderson Set For Blues Switch.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Mar 4, 2012.

1. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

I used to like your club - now you can **** off!!!! Your ill informed about so much at PFC that it's barely worth typing anything else - except up the canaries - they play good football in a division you may get to next century. ;-)

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Fair enough mate but at least I will still be able to support my beloved team and be proud to do so! Your club has lived way beyond its means for years and kept getting away with it while most other clubs have had to cut their cloth accordingly. You offer Norris a far bigger contract than we could (which I'm pleased about) when you had no money to pay for it and thats after you tapped him up for 6 months beforehand. The January transfer saga when you kept ****ing us about was the last straw. I couldn't give two ****s about your lot and the sooner you go to the wall the better! <ok>

3. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Goodbye mate, at least you can support the Budgies next season!

<ok>

4. SuperSonko

SuperSonko Member

Small town club, small town ambition.

"I couldn't give two ****s about your lot and the sooner you go to the wall the better!" Yeah, you too.

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Clearly the best of the Portsmouth fans and Ipswich fans are on this thread. What a bunch off idiots!!

6. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

This thread has got pretty out of hand guys.....!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Cheerio! Cheerio! Cheerio! <ok>

8. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

9. 3rd eye

3rd eye Well-Known Member

10. POMPEY__Ant

POMPEY__Ant Active Member

there are some complete and utter clueless c u n t s in ipswich it would seem.

we were paying any bills due along with wages with funding from csi. the exact same way more than 70% of the championship clubs are being run these days, the funding has stopped due to a non football related issue causing our main share holders assets to be frozen. so the contract offered to norris etc could be afforded just a major unexpected change of circumstance has changed that. this could have happened to any club that relies on cash injections from owners (not many out there that don't)

do any of you actually know the details of the Norris contracts? it was said at the time to be a longer contract in an area he wants to live that swayed it after a lot of dithering your end regarding a new deal. obviously with all your views you must know more than me and know the exact figures?

also its very clever to mention that we haven't even payed off the last cva too. might have something to do with the repayments starting in may this year?

at least get some facts right before you shout your mouth off.

perhaps you should start looking for players that actually want to play for your club? just a thought because the rejection is obviously rattling a few cages your end.

also you should add the players in question on twitter so you can see exactly how much they want to be at your great club.

11. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

<ok>

12. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Alright Naboo, you got da money?

13. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

14. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

The pompey situation is a farce but not all of the blame should be accepted by the club.
    On the original administration it was fairly obvious that they were living outside of their means. A small (in comparison) ground, a small (in comparsion) sponsor and no oligarch owner were all fairly clear signs that they could never pay of their bills. To be fair it was a sign of the times as much as anything. The period was full of easy credit that hundreds of people and companies took advantage off and have suffered the price since.
    Since then the process has been a farce and for me sums up what is wrong with football and its governing bodies in this country as well as a broader 'no consequence' culture when it comes to finacial mismanagement
    They went into admin due to a failed business model. Did they look for stability and long term futures? No they (administation team) went chasing more cash. They came up with a best bidder (or only?) as someone who had questions marks against their character at best. The guys bank was banned from gaining an operating licence within the UK, along with several other european countries. Now consider that fact. The FSA, who thought every bank operating in this country already were legit found this bank not to be worthy of a licence.
    The FA then passed this guy after doing its fair and proper owner checks. They have since said they believe he lied- can you believe that? a guy who is accused of money laundering might also lie - its amazing. As part of a takeover process you have to submit plans to show that you can run the club for 1 year, including the financial plan. This means they also passed a plan that declared that the club was going to spend more money than it had. In general not a problem if some rich guy wants to throw cash at it fair enough. Us, along with several other clubs have the same agreement in place but considering who this guy was then additional checks should have been carried out. Instead the FA and other ruling bodies felt that it was better off having an unsustainable business plan whilst promoting the lie that we continue to having thriving leagues, the best players, the most competitive games in world football.
    The new owners then went rather mad in the likes of outbidding us for Norris (luckily) continuing to pay BTH 30k + a week (he isnt even that great but thats another story) which if they have the cash is their own perogative but it failed so quickly that I cant believe they didnt realise all along that the plan was borderline.
    Onto current times and as much as I admire player loyalty, I have to wonder what kind of deals the 3 players we wanted were on if it made the decision to stat at a club that couldnt afford to pay then rather than move. I know being made redundant in their eyes may not be as drastic as in everyday walks of life - there will never be a shortage of teams willing to take decent players - but it is still a major commitment and obstacle to put up with their current situation.
    I wouldnt care if they signed now or not. I would rather have decent players and lets face it players are more interested in money these days than something as trivial as loyalty. I would love us to sign players who wanted to be here and some surely would but players are fickle at best. Players go from badge kissing and declaring their undying love to a club to moving to arch rivals for a few extra quid a week and supporting a principled club would be great but I cant see those days coming round again anytime soon.
    The angst shown against pompey fans on here seems very out of character. The fans are a great credit to their club (in general) and they show loyalty that other clubs would die for. Other than a few that think they club should be bulletproof against criticism then they have done nothing wrong and have been shafted as much as any of the creditors there club have accumilated over the last few years.

15. 3rd eye

3rd eye Well-Known Member

Blimey tractorbhoy - one of the best assessments I have ever read. <ok>

One other point you could add - since we went into admin in 2010 we, the fans, were constantly assured (by the CEO and the previous administrator) that there was a capped wages budget in place - this was £10k pw average - so all wages had to fall within this budget cap, and that the FL would only authorise any signing, loan or permanent, within this budget. So the Tal Ben Haim wage would greatly reduce the wage anyone else was signed on. We had I believe, 8 players left at the beginning of this season, so any investment into the club by the new owners CSI, would be the cost of any transfer fees and maybe signing on fees, plus of course greedy agents fees.

The then manager and the CEO said they were going for quality over quantity - the fans were saying bring in the youngsters to play, we didn't think the club could afford quality based on our gates receipts.

You can imagine our shock and the level of anger at finding out that the wages cap was all smoke and mirrors.

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Whoa haven't been keeping in touch with this thread, way out of hand. A very emotive topic, especially for the Pompey lot. I have a new found respect after reading Appleton's interview today, poor sod.

17. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

5 pages long and you only start looking at it. Good job you're not a moderator......

<doh>

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

What a complete knobcheese of a comment Carra, as to be expected I guess.

19. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Coming from you, the master of all things "knobcheese", I will take that as a compliment.<ok>

20. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Carra, why don't you go and phone an aussie about shaving your back you hairy freak!