1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henderson Set For Blues Switch.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Mar 4, 2012.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

2. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

He's done really well for us this year, kept Jamie Ashdown out of the team, who must have thought his time had come, when DJ left.

3. shifty

shifty Member

You could see this one coming a mile away. A few weeks ago he stuck two fingers up at us when we wanted to sign him, now that the Pompey ship is sinking he wants to come to PR.....

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think we'd be better to wait and see which division we'll be playing in and sign someone in the summer.

If we're playing Premier League football we'll be able to sign a top 'keeper.

5. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Reading between the lines, it looks as though he has no say in the matter.

It's not something that I talk much about, but a lot of pros seem to enjoy their time, when at Portsmouth and are often quite sad to leave, if they move on to better things.

Can't add "or worse", that would be just cheeky.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It's a good place for a footballer to be I think. Amazing scenery and big country houses in Hampshire, by the sea so gorgeous in the summer, easy to get to London. All of these things are also true of Suffolk, the difference being that the player would get paid.

7. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

This. Only way he could stay is if he deferred all his wages (which 99.99999% of footballers would never do)

8. Pompey_London

Pompey_London Well-Known Member

. <doh>

9. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

That's cheered me up after dealing with my sick children for the last day or so.<ok>

10. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

Hardly a case of leaving a sinking ship. He's done his job well and has never shown himself to lack any commitment to Portsmouth. Its a case of the wage bill having to be reduced and money having to come into the club and if Ipswich are going to pay something to take him on loan then its the best thing for Portsmouth. Additionally, given the delicate financial situation currently he cant get a guarenteed wage at Portsmouth, but he can at Ipswich. No matter how committed a player might be to a club they have to be pragmatic eventually.

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Lancs is a ****ing deluded fool that used to talk sense but now talks ****e!! Henderson is over rated in my eyes and would rather we persued Pearce but that means going after a defender and we all know what Jewell thinks about buying defenders..... 'KIN Idiot!!

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Interesting Spanish, that's what you said about my Bullard comments and look what happened...

13. 3rd eye

3rd eye Well-Known Member

Nah...... they're all over-rated - wouldn't go for any of them if I was you <ok>

14. JonahJameson

JonahJameson Active Member

Wasn&#8217;t Henderson generally held to be no better than what we already have in the goalkeeping department (I.E., rubbish)?

Encouraging that Portsmouth fans are claiming he&#8217;s good, but it&#8217;s not the impression I&#8217;d had.

That aside, didn&#8217;t we offer something in the region of two million for this Portsmouth trio? The manager, the chairman and the associated bankers obviously didn&#8217;t help by fannying around like morons while their club was on the financial brink, but ultimately those three players refused to move effectively condemning their club to another administration and possible obliteration.

These three players can go and **** themselves. Good or not, I don&#8217;t want anything to do with any of them.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Quite right Jonah <ok>

Portsmouth can go and **** themselves! I wouldn't want damaged goods from a fire sale. If we couldn't get a deal done for these players on our terms a month ago, why the hell should we take this guy now, when his club is close to going bust? Let them stew in their own juices! There is much better value out there and we should only be after players that want to wear the blue shirt of Ipswich <ok>

16. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

A lot of anger on our site towards Pompey......all things considered surely it is in our best interests for Pompey to survive..?

We are almost as desperate for a keeper as we are for a couple of CBs...ALB is not a first choice keeper & Mcantkicktosave his life is not ours.!

17. johnnywarksmoustache

After the way Portsmouth and their players ****ed us about in the transfer window we should stay well clear of these clowns. Scott Loach will be a good signing in the summer and would relish the prospect of playing for his boyhood club! <ok>

18. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with that Warky, but is it a certainty that Loach would sign for us in the summer...??

19. johnnywarksmoustache

If we are serious about getting at least into the play-offs next season then we have to offer Watford a serious amount of money to bring Loach back to Ipswich. The guy is Ipswich born and bred and has made no secret of the fact that he would love to come and play for Town at some point. I would love it if we had two local boys playing in the team next season.

20. POMPEY__Ant

POMPEY__Ant Active Member

henderson is a top notch keeper who is improving every game, he's still young and not played all that much until this season. its not a case of a fire sell either, id imagine it would be a loan (with a loan fee) and players wages paid in full. it seems as though this way we are keeping the option of bringing them all back if a buyer did come in.

theres allot of rumours going around saying that we were taken over today by chanrai though so a fire sale could be imminent.