1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Help, please

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rollercoaster Ranger, May 11, 2011.

1. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Spurred on by this season's incredible events, I'm attempting to write a book tracing the fall and subsequent rise of Q.P.R. culminating in this season’s promotion. This is mainly for my own amusement as I doubt it will be any good, but what the hell.

I have a question for the historians among us. When we went into administration, were we placed under a transfer embargo? I’ve seen one source that says we were, but Danny ****tu was signed during this time. I can’t see that Harold Winton paying the money had any effect on that. Does anyone remember, or know of a suitable source?

Thanks

2. superdoopahoopsa

he was bought by 2 fans of the club i think, they payed for everything including his wages and transfer fee and then loaned him out to the club until we coul officially sign him. i dont think that contravened the embargo. would certainly to be interesting what the FA would have made of that decision nowadays

3. Rollercoaster Ranger

I guess that loaning him would have got around the embargo, but according to Soccerbase we bought him on 2/1/02 and according to Wiki his first game on loan was 23/10/01 and signed permenantly in Jan 02.

I'll keep searching to see if I can find anything definate.

Thanks for your imput SDH

4. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

This was the controversial signing that led to a rule change, what exactly do you want to know?

5. Rollercoaster Ranger

Only a synopsis of the financial side of the deal. If we were under a transfer embargo, how was that overcome? I know that the Winton's funded the deal. Did they then hold his registration and loan him to the club as suggested by SDH?

You have whetted my appetite with the rule change you alluded to, what was that all about?

Many thanks

6. Northolt-QPR

I ain't good with this stuff, but I'll ask and get back to you<ok>

7. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

Sorry can't help!

8. Northolt-QPR

THE FOOTBALL League will place a transfer embargo on clubs that go into administration after a row erupted between west London rivals Brentford and Queens Park Rangers.

Ron Noades, the Brentford chairman, complained to the League after QPR bought Daniel ****tu for £350,000 despite going into administartion last year. The deal was funded by wealthy supporters Alex and Matthew Winton, but Noades insists that it should never have been permitted.
    Related Articles

British Cup plan greeted with a UEFA warning
    28 Jan 2002

"I might as well put Brentford in administration too, not pay my creditors and use the money to bring in players instead," he said.

The Football League have placed a temporary transfer embargo on QPR until the two parties meet on Tuesday and have promised to change the rules. But QPR acting chairman Nick Blackburn accused Noades of "stirring" at a time when he has been pushing for them to sell their ground.
    ======================================================

The Football League have placed a transfer embargo on Queens Park Rangers following complaints made by Ron Noades about the signings of Danny ****tu and Doudou.

All we know for sure at the moment that a club in our division has put in a complaint to the football league which states that QPR cannot buy players whilst we are in administration. As far as I am aware the rules state that you can't buy players if you owe money to other football clubs.

The only money QPR owe is to Chris Wright and if he gave the OK for these signings then I can't see a problem. Of course some may say the Wintons buying players for us is illegal but in the past we have seen Gerry Francis buy players from his own money whilst at Bristol Rovers so if that was allowed then the Wintons sponsoring a player is no different.

What this now means is that QPR are not allowed to make any further signing until the club meet with the football league next week. As usual the football league have never heard of the expression Innocent until proven guilty and with the club close a new signing this week that deal could fall through due to this embargo.

It will come as no surprise to QPR fans to learn that the man who complained is Ron Noades the same Ron Noades who is trying to buy Loftus Road and claims to have the clubs best interests at heart. This will be the same best interest that have got Brentford £4million in debt and almost killed Crystal Palace and Wimbledon recently.

One quote from David Davies yesterday summed it all up for me. He said "I understand that Brentford were watching ****tu before we signed him." I wonder if this is why they complained because we got a good defender and they didn't. Perhaps the signings of Doudou and ****tu may be the difference between us going in the playoff and Brentford missing out but that's not our fault that we have a manager capable of picking up good players on the cheap.

The embargo should be lifted early next week after David Davies meets with the Football league and this farce will be over. One good thing to come from this must be that the club now know they can't trust Ron Noades and his bid for Loftus Road must be rejected as quickly as possible.

We should know more about the Noades bid later today when QPR 1st reveal what was said at their meeting with the club but for now it is the transfer embargo which has infuriated fans.

Chief executive David Davies has received a lots of flak recently on the internet but thankfully he came out with a quick response to the news by saying the following on the Official QPR website: "We understand Brentford have made the complaint against us because they feel we shouldn't be signing players while we are in administration. As a result, the Football League are considering placing an embargo on us pending further investigation.

"Under league rules, we would not have been able to sign any players had we owed money to any other clubs, but this is not the case, so I am unsure as to why Brentford have lodged a complaint.

"Being in administration has meant we have needed to be creative with the way we signed players and the deals which brought ****tu and Doudou to the club are an example of that. It's a case of fans and clubs working together and a model that I'm sure a lot of other clubs are looking at following.

"Both players we have signed with the help of supporters have had a great impact on the team this season. I want to make it clear that both deals were sponsored; transfer fee as well as ongoing salaries. Therefore these deals could have been done inside or outside of administration as they have a nil effect upon the cash flow and do not prejudice the creditors' position."

It is a disgrace what Ron Noades has done and the reaction of the Brentford fans is even more unbelievable. For a set of fans who claim to hate us because QPR tried to merge with Brentford in the 1960's they are not taking such a moral high ground now as their owner looks to buy a third stadium for himself put another club in grave danger of death. It's not enough that Brentford have mounted up big debts whilst Wimbledon and Palace struggle to pay the high rent on Selhurst park but he is now moving for QPR and when it looks like he won't get his own way he complains to the football league when no rules have been broken.

Lets hope the football league see sense next week and lift the embargo, talk of docking us points has got the Brentford fans exited but Alex Winton (one of the brothers involved in bringing these two players to the club) pointed out that "the FA have confirmed to a national journalist that the matter is in no way contrary to the existing rules and there will be NO points deductions"

You could say it's been a difficult year for QPR. The threat of a merger with Wimbledon, losing 20 players on free transfers and having to sell anyone else worth money, takeovers collapsing at the last minutes, several injuries to key players and now a transfer embargo placed when it looks like we are finally moving in the right direction. How sweet will it be if after all that has happened
    =========================================================

9. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Northolt, really interesting to read, and our first time dabbling in 3rd party ownership. Just don't let any weeds or bardiff fans read it, they'd want us chucked out of the Football League....!

On another note, I think I remember us winning that Coca Cola competition for a player worth 250k. Did we, and if so who did we sign?

10. Rollercoaster Ranger

That is brilliant, thanks a million Northolt.