1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Help,please!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I'm a knob and I sit in A block!

2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'm in B block (E44). All pretty civilised around me.

3. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

B Block L78 myself. Some nice fellas around me, apart from a knob called Peter....

kiwiqpr, peter1954qpr and sheffordqpr like this.
  4. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Stan,

I weighed it up pretty carefully myself, especially as I travel up for each match from Somerset (Bristol City away is actually my closest "home" game - and wasn't that awful). If we'd been relegated, I would have lodged my protest by NOT renewing but I think I would miss it if I gave it up. I get a seniors' discount so I don't feel I absolutely must go to every match.

Here's the clincher: surely 2017/18 can't be as bad as last season?

5. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

B Block R75 must be a different Peter

6. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Only joking! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

peter1954qpr likes this.
  7. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I moaned about renewing, said I wasn't gonna waste my money on something I really didn't enjoy anymore. I Thought there was much more I could be doing on a Saturday afternoon, and the time spent watching yet another **** display, was time that I'd never back back and after all did the team really deserve my support ?

But then I realised......I'm a QPR fan.....I love my team (most of the time)....and its in my blood

Of course I bloody well renewed !!!

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I went through the same process and came to a similar conclusion Stainsey. It wasn't just the poor football, it was also having the three season tickets and two daughters aged 14 & 15 who barely go. I think they went to about 5 games each last season. They have found the last few seasons very boring and would rather be out with their friends. The problem is if I don't renew their S/T's in the lower loft then I wouldn't be able to remain in there either. I love my seat in the LL as they are just three together with no one either side of us. There's also plenty of legroom which is a rarity at HQ. In the end I came to the conclusion that at £633 for three S/T's it works out at £9.17 each per game. It would probably cost me over £500 just for me to sit elsewhere in the stadium in a silver seat. It goes without saying that I wouldn't do this if the ground was a sellout every other week and deny someone else the seats, but there's usually lots of empty seats around us especially at night games. We also have a great community of Rs around us who get on really well and have become good friends. The danger of moving is that you never know who you might end up sitting next to as Pete has earlier mentioned.

Staines R's, Stroller and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Post of the year. I am sure we all feel like that.

10. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

I feel an apology coming on (one beer to many) there not knobs they are just frustrated with the garbage that's been on offer as most of us are, maybe it's me just wanting a change of scenery, but if I caused offence I apologise.

11. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I moved from X block to R block a few years back and I haven't regretted it.

peter1954qpr likes this.
  12. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

very nearly didn't renew (and I share 2 STs with a group of 4, now 3) but just oddly got sucked in and my daughter sort or enjoys it and well so do I..some of the time.

Onwards and upwaRRRRRds!