1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Help,please!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

After nearly 50 years of watching the R's, I am seriously considering NOT renewing my S/T.
    For no particular reason other than I feel I need a break from it all and I am uninspired by last season, the season ahead + the fixture list.
    Anyone else feeling the same apathy /able to convince me to renew?

2. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

I would think there is a general feeling of apathy pretty rampant among all shades of supporters be they near or far, young or old, ST holders or armchair fans at the moment.

Maybe as the close season progresses there may be one or two snippets of good news heading our way, but I'm not optimistic about it

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I hit the wall a couple of seasons ago, now get a membership and just go when I feel like it, which isn't very often. There are always tickets available.

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Is there an advantage of membership if tickets are always available?

I've renewed my ST simply because I like the people on either side of me, and a chat about putting things right on the pitch is sometimes the best part of the experience

5. QPR247

QPR247 Active Member

Tickets are always available on "Twickets" for home games, many for less than face value.

I'll pick and choose a few games next year. However, my 5 year old asked me yesterday if I could take him to a football match next season. I'm torn as to whether to expose him to a lifetime of disppointment (he already has me as a father) and take him to HQ or preempt the inevitable (we live in a massive West Ham area) and take him to that place?

He was conceived the day we signed Joey Barton (no joke, I must have had high hopes for us that day) so I'm thinking he deserves QPR......

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Not really it's my little gesture of light loyalty. Slight discount if you book ticket early enough (I always forget) wiped out by booking fee. Some crappy gifts with membership, which for some reason aren't given to ST buyers

GoldhawkRoad likes this.
  7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Go for it Stan, yes I've been going for over 50years & there are good seasons & bad & just recently poor & yes I was pissed off watching that tripe last season, but stay loyal & get one, I've renewed & like Goldhawk said been sitting next to same lads for years now & enjoy having a drink with them.

8. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Each year I seem to do it out of duty , rather than wanting to. am sure I am not alone in that
    it takes up so much time and I am not sure if I fancy it . Like someone said perhaps choose a few fixtures but what ones? Even Brentford and Fulham are not exactly riveting.
    Perhaps I'll get the bug tomorrow, when Bolton at home on a Tuesday night gets announced!

9. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have made your mind up mate.
    I've renewed and was never not going to. There has been far worse times than this but it is a matter of personal choice. You will still be QPR after all those years mate!

10. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I have bought a ST for next season for the first time in years. Supporting the Rs has always been an act of hope rather than expectation. Keep the faith Stan, one day, just maybe, it will have been worth it!

QPRski likes this.

11. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I've renewed without really thinking about it. The football may be **** most of the time, but the company is good.

12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Renewed.
    I was pleased but surprised to hear Hoos state that they've already sold more STs than last year.
    I just try and suck whatever enjoyment I can from the game even if it's just a couple of passes.
    Also like folk I sit near.

UTRs, daverangers and Didley Squat like this.
  13. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Trouble is Stan, what with it being QPR, if you give up your ticket, next season will be an unexpected blinder and you'll be gutted to have missed it. I had a season ticket/shared one with my brother for about four years, then in August 2010 my wife (whom it's a good job I love dearly) got a job which moved us to Paris. I became an armchair fan as Adel and co spanked the Championship. It was painful.

If you have the time and the means, why give it up? You'll only spend your Saturday afternoons listening to commentary or constantly looking at updates...may as well just be there.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Stan
    Final minute!
    The ball comes to Zamora
    Goooaaalllllll

It won't look as good on your telly!

StortfordQPR likes this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

How many season tickets were sold last season

16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

The figure 11 000 is my head but not at all reliable information.

17. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

More money to spend on beer fella! The club continues to take the p out of its fans hence low crowds!!

18. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

You not renewing then herts?

19. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Nah prefer away games tbh

20. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Not renewed yet as there are some right knobs where I sat last year, B block SAR, would appreciate some guidance on where to choose next.