1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HELP needed from Ipswich fans

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by IWSJamie, Jul 31, 2017.

1. IWSJamie

IWSJamie New Member

Hi there.

I'm putting a piece together for Inside Wales Sport (Cardiff are one of the teams we cover). I'm just putting something together on managers and wondering if someone can help with the Ipswich section. I'm just looking for a couple of lines on McCarthy, what do you expect him to achieve this season and are the fans behind him?

Cheers

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

He is a football Dinosaur and we will be fooked this season with him in charge, <ok>

IWSJamie likes this.
  3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

The man's ambition doesn't extend beyond "making us difficult to beat",which he failed to achieve on several disastrous occasions last Season(See Lincoln FA Cup debacle).He will hopefully be gone by May when his contract expires

San Diego likes this.
  4. johnnywarksmoustache

Sooner than that I hope! <ok>

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I'm hoping he is gone before the transfer window closes......:emoticon-0158-time:

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Mick is good as a firefighter, coming into a club when it's on knees and getting them going again.
    After a couple of years, things go stale and his safety first football philosophy alienates/aggravates fans of proper football.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I wish he never came in the first place, an arrogant, ignorant, yorkshire prick who happily slates his own clubs fans, to the extent that he called us f***ers!

San Diego likes this.
  8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Mick McCarthy has a reputation as an entertaining straight-talker in football, and he started his Ipswich career brightly, largely by stabilising a club threatened with relegation and successfully making the play offs a few years ago. However, as he begins his sixth season with Ipswich, his dour, negative football, frequent insulting of Ipswich supporters, and general air of apathy has largely eroded his goodwill with the Ipswich faithful. Last season, we finished four points off the relegation zone with a half-decent squad and an early cup exit to Lincoln City (outplayed in both the original tie and the replay) has resulted in the hope that McCarthy doesn't achieve a contract extension when his deal runs out next summer.

9. johnnywarksmoustache

So you see my friend supporting Town at the moment is one big bowl of cherries!!

10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Okay I'm pro Mick unlike others on here, but the best way to desdribe things. Lets see....

His " style of footy " leaves a lot to the imagination. If you don't win the game, which was often last season it's bloody beyond annoying being a town fan. He did however drag a crock of s... to play offs 14/15 and I think often gets more stick than he warrants. He could do with being backed for heavens sake!

Regarding this season, top half at best at present I would say. Lack of investment - however the signings we have made fill key holes from last year and with an ever increasing talent pool from the academy, we could surprise people this term. The Charlton friendly suggests the former though!

The funny thing about Mick for me is if you preview fans from every other club, most commend him on doing the job he has with zero budget. Many feel we'd already be in L1 without him.

11. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Mick is generally relieved of his duties when a team looks threatened with relegation. He will save a club but be sacked when it's in a similar position to when he arrived.
    He is not the type of manager to be poached by a bigger club due to his success.