1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Health and Safety

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I was at Morrisons in Consett the other day and I noticed there was a cherry picker parked in the car park. The "cab" of the cherry picker was fully extended and overhanging the car park where people were walking. I remember a long time ago when I worked at British Steel that you always lowered the bucket(or whatever) to the ground before switching the machine off in case the hydraulics failed. Has all this changed now or is h&s becoming another piece of "red tape" that we don't need? Bit confused here like?

Ps having seen a pipe on a hydraulic ram burst on a hefty piece of kit (michigan loader)and thinking thank f**k there was no-one under that you may see where I am coming from

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Buckle like a fat lass stood over billy's tongue

Billy Death likes this.
  3. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Bri man. You`ll set him off again. <doh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  4. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

There was a bloke working near Sainsbury's just digging a small soil trench, and he had a 6ft high safety fence completely surrounding him ! Dave allen would have laughed at that.

5. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Walked up to Tarn Howes the other day and if you come in from the top end you arrive at a 200 acre field with the tarn at the bottom and there in the grass a lovely metal plaque " this grass is slippery when wet." nearly pissed myself laughing I would love to get hold of the bloke who thought of that and shove it up his bloody nose, ****er.

6. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Or these small power plants with razor wire and the yellow streak/skelton signs above them and saying keep out, danger 150,000 volts you'll be toasted if you frig about in here etc. I bought a packet of K P' s the other week it said on the back of the packet, contains nuts ! get away. Smash Serving surgestions, they have a picture of a dollop of mash on a plate, now who would have thought of using a plate ?,

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Burly Hurley likes this.