1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HCST - Hull City vs Swansea City – Boycott Action

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Thanks for your post.

It wasn't about experience, it was about opinion and how it was expressed. OLM left the Trust as he felt it restricted his ability to speak freely on here; things like mixing up posts and being abusive off the back of it; not too sure it was worth it. If you want to represent the Trust, on here or elsewhere, I really do suggest you consider whether or not your style is particularly successful. I would like to see you suceed, but I can't see how you are winning folk over, as that should be what you are focussing on and ignoring the taunts.

But thanks for the apology. <ok>

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

My main reasons for ceasing being a director of the Trust had nothing to do with not606, not getting so much **** on here was just a spin-off benefit.

Cortez91 likes this.
  3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Fine, I was just going off what you said at the time.

MagicSponge likes this.
  4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I need to up my game then.

Although patty seems determined to keep you busy.

originallambrettaman likes this.
  5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Swansea Boycott Review

please log in to view this image

There’s nothing pleasing about boycotting your football club. Indeed, the fact that such action was even considered is a sad indictment of the plight of our club.

We were impressed by the level of support for the boycott among City fans which resulted in an official crowd figure of 6,608. The number of people who actually went to the game was probably more like 5,000, but even going by the official figure, City’s attendance suffered by far the greatest drop from their average crowd (68%) of any home team in the FA Cup third round this weekend. Yes, lesser crowds are always expected for cup games, but for City’s to be the highest by some distance speaks volumes.

Although the boycott was well-supported, this isn’t a triumph. As a fanbase we’ve made our point, but it’s not something that we at HCST would want to do again. Whilst there were many fans calling for a boycott, it became clear after we called for one that some fans strongly opposed the idea. This is understandable. After all, the players and manager are not to blame for any of the club’s problems and they deserve our support. It’s vitally important that we remain united as a fanbase.

At the time of writing, just shy of £1,000 has been raised for the two charities thanks to supporters donating their ticket cost as part of the boycott. Donations are still being accepted, so if you would like to donate and haven’t already done so, click here for details of our chosen charities and to donate.

We have no plans to call for any further boycott. Marco Silva responded to the empty seats by making clear his desire for us supporters to pack the ground out again and give the team the backing it needs. We hope to see the ground more full and vibrant at the weekend when we face Bournemouth, but we’re acutely aware that many supporters are staying away not just for the Swansea game but every week, such is the feeling of disenchantment at the club. The only way we can get the ground full again and properly support the team and manager is for Ehab Allam to start listening to supporters and make them want to come back again. It’s clear that crowds will only continue to decline until something changes with how the club is run.

So come on Ehab. Show your face and address the reasons fans aren’t attending. Restore concessions for the young, old and disabled. Use the club’s real name. Stop the increasingly common forced seat moves. Stop seeking to punish anyone who speaks out against you. Give the manager the support which he has said that he needs in order to keep us in the Premier League.

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/swansea-boycott-review/

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Excellent response.

tigercity likes this.
  7. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

"Whilst there were many fans calling for a boycott, it became clear after we called for one that some fans strongly opposed the idea."

This is the key issue for me. It's a fine and difficult line to tread between all the disparate views of our fanbase. The boycott didn't successfully tread that line.

PLT likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Agreed. What makes it difficult is that naturally, when you're happy with something you don't speak up, so you only hear from the people who want a different approach. Obviously when that approach is delivered, they're happy so have no need to speak up about it any more, and those who were previously happy start making their voices heard.

And then of course there's those who just criticise whatever.

9. AlRawdah

Yeah, sorry about that. It's a hobby.....!

10. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

some of our fan base have already stepped over the line - there were three in a row sporting Man U / Hull City half and half scarves last night

11. AlRawdah

Yeah, sorry about that. It's a hobby.

12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

collecting them is one thing, wearing them in public is something else <cheers>

AlRawdah likes this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

very very well written

14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry about that, it's a hobby!

dennisboothstash likes this.
  15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I might of missed something, but it did seem to go from an off-the-cuff suggestion (on here), to a done deal, rather quickly. Was opinion sought properly?

DMD likes this.
  16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Is that right? Should it not be lowest, by some distance ...

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The highest drop from the normal attendance, but then you knew that already.

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I had to interpret it. Do you think that part reads right or are you just being your normal dismissive self?

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Seriously, you think think this is a point worthy of discussion? :emoticon-0145-shake

20. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You're the one who created the discussion and added your snide remark.

It's a fine piece, but the quote I pointed out says the opposite of what it clearly means. What's wrong with pointing that out? I never saod someone was a **** for doing it, as you would.